anybody use Rosetta Stone

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by xenon supra, Jan 28, 2008.

1. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

I got rosetta stone and downloaded italian level 1 dvd image.
    When I tried to install the language it said it wanted it on a CD, so I burnt the image to DVD and tried to install. It still is giving me errors. Anyone familiar with this program and have any ideas how to get this to install. :wiggle:

2. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

I just installed it recently. I'll let you know if I find anything. It does require you go through an online activation process to use.

3. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Newest version of the app is 3.0.

4. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

I'm on 3.0.57 - so i have to activate it online for it to work? :ugh:

5. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

that shouldn't be a problem right? i'm sure you purchased the full licensed software from somewhere legitimate. :naughty:

6. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

Of course, but my internet connection isn't working, so how would I go about installing it another way.

7. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

I've heard of people using bad activation numbers and calling in for authorization. If you play it right they'll eventually activate it for you. Other then that, I think you're gonna have to go with the Windows version if you're looking for a crack.

8. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

i'm sure that any company worth anything has an alternative way of registering software since not every PC in the world or even the US is internet connected. you would probably have to call the vendor for a registration key.

9. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

10. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

At that point it asks for a code you get from calling their customer service (like Adobe products require).

11. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Yes the application launches just fine. Then it asks you to install languages. You do so and it copies them to your drive /Library/Support/Rosetta Stone v3/... Then it requires you activate them. If you don't activate it limits what you can do within the training.

12. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

I guess its activated fine it loads right. Now how do I install a damn language? Is there a manual way?

13. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

By "installing" the language it just copies the contents of the CD to /Library/Application Support/Rosetta Stone 3/ and some folder on there (languages or something like that). There is an XML life in both the system Library folder and user Library folder called Activation. If you can compare it to a legit activated version you might be able to activate it yourself. Let us know if you do.

14. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

Yeah thats what I'm trying to figure out. I created a languages folder and copied them in but had no luck. :dunno:

keep most posted if you guys figure anything out

15. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Yeah but version 2 won't play version 3 language files so you kinda have to upgrade.