Anybody seen Deathwatch?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Joe_Cool, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

I rented it the other night. The acting is great, the atmosphere is great, but while it really gripped me emotionally, I don't understand what it was really about.

Anybody else seen this?

2. Joe_Cool

It's set in Europe during the Great War. There's a squad of English soldiers (one of whom is Andy Serkis, who played Gollum in Lord of the Rings) who get lost in a dense fog that they think is nerve gas. They stumble into a German trench with a whole bunch of dead Germans who appear to have been killed by other Germans. They find a radio and try to call for help, and keep hearing reports that their company was lost with no survivors.

They torture the surviving Germans (who surrendered to them without a fight), and eventually start getting killed off one by one, but you don't know what's doing it.

Like I said, it was well-done, but I didn't understand it all. I watched it a 2nd time and things are falling into place that I had missed before, so maybe it was just too subtle for me. :hs:

3. machine

machine Welcome to the Machine OT Supporter

Maybe it wasn't too subtle. Maybe it was just a really bad movie overrun with plot holes. Give YOURSELF more credit.

4. Joe_Cool

No, it wasn't a bad movie. It was very gripping, and the production value was great, especially considering it was a relatively low-budget film.

I'm a connoisseur of bad films. I've watched probably more bad movies than anybody, and believe me, I know a bad movie when I see one.