GUN anybody read the book "Arrogance"

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by 90free400e, Mar 29, 2007.

1. 90free400e

90free400e New Member

its about bias in the media, i really want to pick it up, and one of the main points in the book is "Why the media wont shoot straight when the topic is Guns"

2. Small Block LSX

Small Block LSX BMW | N54 | LSX | Gun | PS3 | Parent | Night CREW

Because the majority of the media is retarded when it comes to guns. It's hard to write a story when you have no idea what you are talking about. I wouldn't do a news report on quilting blankets as I have no interest or knowledge about the subject. But, I could say that the old ladies who quilt could use that little device and start poking little kids' eyes out. :o

3. 90free400e

90free400e New Member

i think the media just refuses to side with the pro-gun crowd, as most of the media tends to have liberal views.

I love how everybody should have the right to abortion, everyone should be able to get married, but nobody should have the right to own a gun.

4. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

Forget the fact that we used guns to win our freedom and we were given the right to do it again if need be.

"What country before ever existed a century & a half without a rebellion? And what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure."

Thomas Jefferson

Now I see why everyone (in power and the media) is scared of every joe having a gun. . .

5. Small Block LSX

Even to their defense, abortion and gay marriage doesn't hurt anybody else. It doesn't potentially cause pain and suffering for a third party. It only steps on the toes of the religious freaks that we have in our country. Those religious freaks, are typically conservatives.

6. Small Block LSX

Damn, that's an awesome quote. :bowdown:

I highly doubt it would work. Having a rebellion against our own military would be terrible. I also wouldn't be able to kill a fellow American. :wtc:

7. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

They come to take my guns, they will die. And so will I, probably.

8. Small Block LSX

I wouldn't die over something like guns. I would just be first in line to complain, bitch, etc. My life was fine before I ever got into firearms.

9. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

I highly doubt that in today's climate and with current restrictions on what firearms civilians can buy, that anything would be possible, without A) A Vast Majority of the citizen arming and standing up together (and most likely willing to die as well.) B) Resorting to tactics that well will result in the larger army calling the smaller army terrorists. C) Involvement of some degree of a portion of the standing armed forces.

As a footnote to the FBI/CIA/NSA/SS/TSA/BATF/DHS and any other alphabet soup name public knowledge or not. I accordance with the Smith Act, 54 Stat. 671 I DO NOT ""knowingly or willfully advocate, abet, advise or teach the duty, necessity, desirability or propriety of overthrowing the Government of the United States or of any State by force or violence, or for anyone to organize any association which teaches, advises or encourages such an overthrow, or for anyone to become a member of or to affiliate with any such association"."