Anybody know where to get MAC parts?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by IllAvBIll, Jun 23, 2006.

1. IllAvBIll

IllAvBIll []

I was working on a 14inch 1.33ghz iBook for a friend and one of my stupid ass friends took the laptop bag out of a box I had it in so it wouldn't get hurt and put it on my futon. Well, sometime in the last 24 hours someone Pressed really fucking hard on the corner and spiderwebbed the LCD screen! Nobody will own up to it, so now i'm out like $700 if i buy him one on ebay to replace this. I've searched google and am still at it. But does anyone know of a shop online that sells mac parts? HELP! I see the LCDs on ebay going for ~210 w/ shipping. But They don't guarantee the parts.

2. easy4lif

easy4lif New Member

do a google search and type "iBook Parts"

3. IllAvBIll

IllAvBIll []

:rofl: I just found a screen for 200 shipped on ebay. Gunna get it by mid week. I'm starting to like this computer, I thikn i'm just going to pay my friend for it and keep it.

4. Immortal1

Immortal1 New Member

free ibook and imac crew ftmfw

5. IllAvBIll

IllAvBIll []

This isn't free in any form. I just paid my friend $500 for the ibook and now i'm just waiting on my screen. I'm using it now b ecause i like it but there is a spiderweb in the corner with and a huge purple crack through the screen. :rofl: I have been working on a few macs for him lately and i'm starting to like them. :bigthumb:

6. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

An apple depot repair for the entire fucking computer is $270 or so. I had the motherboard, memory, keyboard, etc. replaced in my iBook for that price. Its a flat rate.

Apple has great repair service. They'll debug and replace whats wrong for a flat rate. Dunno if thats the case for a screen...

7. sebeck

sebeck New Member

Did you get your screen yet? If so where did you get it? If ebay can you please give me the ebay name? I just busted my 12" iBook screen less than 2 hours ago. Fucking sucks.

I was loading my luggage into a taxi at the airport, I got the first piece in. When i backed up to grab my tool case the cart rolled in behind me without me knowing. I fell backwards over the cart and onto the ground. My iBook was in a nice sleeve inside of a backpack with a padded laptop compartment. The entire screen is spider webbed now. fawk!!!!! I just got finished with a 30 day trip overseas and that last leg was over 6k miles of travelling and 16+ hours. I also broke a nice nice souvenir i picked up in the middle east. I'm not having a good day. :(

8. sebeck

sebeck New Member

*desperate cry for help