Anybody know dick about Pioneer OEL?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by m3s3lf, Apr 19, 2002.

1. m3s3lf

m3s3lf *Jeep Crew*

like where I can dowload screensavers and pictures for the DEH-P940MP? Or if the display is actually multi colored like the catalog and website say or just blue like all the pictures?

2. Surgie

Surgie Mein Führer, I can walk!

I wasn't aware that you could download new screensavers and such, I got a premier p730r though. My OEL just has the blue color on it, dunno if the 9xx series has more colors or not.

3. GoGophers

GoGophers New Member

You need a special cable available through Pioneer dealers to download new screensavers.

4. tekknikal

tekknikal Nothing's ever been better than that

Yes you can download screensavers, however I have no idea where you could go to do that. I do know theyve had auctions for these devices in the past (on ebay).
    For some reason, Pioneer doesnt want to sell the kit to end users, although I think thats a mistake theyre making.

As for the multicolored, if you look at the P930/9300 youll see the top of it is blueish, the bottom (the softkeys descriptions) are green. I think this is what they're talking about, and that with the P940, the top/main part is blue, and the soft keys part is white. I do not think that you can show white on the main display, and I dont think the softkeys part ever shows in blue, but Im not sure on this part.

5. GQ

GQ OT Supporter

according to the pioneer dealers around here i asked them about it ( i have the deh-9300 ) and they said all dealers just get one adapter setup that looks like a battery charger that the faceplate fits right onto then it uses a USB hookup to any computer and you can download a new short screensaver (any AVI file) or some new JPEG images right into your faceplate for more backgrounds. from what they told me, they'll charge me $25 each time i would like to do it and they have to do it for me. they wouldn't sell me a setup like i wanted because they said they are in extremely short supply and probably couldn't get another one if they tried from Pioneer. Assholes.

6. tekknikal

tekknikal Nothing's ever been better than that