Anybody here use WDS on their network?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by MeanGreen, Jun 27, 2007.

1. MeanGreen

MeanGreen New Member

I'm trying to setup Windows Deployment Services at work and I'm having some problems. I installed the service and configured it which went ok. I added the boot.wim (windows pe) file off a Vista disk and also converted that to a capture image. The problem that I'm stuck at now is actually upoading an image to the server. I mounted both the capture and boot images with ImageX on the WDS server so i could add the imagex.exe file to both. I did it to both becaue i wasn't sure which of the two it actually download when it PXE booted. It looks like after exploring the image it pulls down after PXE boot is the capture image after compairing the two. The problem that I'm having is that I have added imagex.exe to the only two wim files it has to boot the computer over the network and every time i try to execute the command, its enver listed in the directory i put it in. I have no clue why it wouldn't show up after i monted it added the file, saved the changes, and unmounted the image (both of them) before I tried to PXE boot them.

Help :eek3:

2. markwill

markwill New Member