Anybody here travel a lot?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by herbert1, Feb 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. herbert1

herbert1 Guest

So I have a job where I travel a lot and I'm trying to lose some weight. I've been having some success with a high protein/low carb diet when I was unemployed but now I have a job where I'm on the road a lot. Probably overnight a couple times a month at a hotel but I essentially travel everyday so I really dont have access to a microwave or oven or whatever.

So I guess my question is, what are some cold foods that are high protein/low carb, or basically anything healthy that I could pack in a lunch box or something similar.

2. Ultimate_Ninja

Ultimate_Ninja New Member

Learn to love meal replacement protein shakes?

3. herbert1

herbert1 Guest

Are you talking about just a regular whey protein shake or something different?

4. herbert1

herbert1 Guest

Do you make tuna sandwiches or just eat it out of the can? beef jerky huh? I figured that would have a lot of sodium in it but maybe ill check that out

5. BimmerJustin

BimmerJustin Why would you deny yourself something you want?

if you eat beef jerky (recommended) learn to make it yourself. Its not that difficult, its much cheaper, and you control the salt content. Also, maybe a few slices of whole wheat bread and some natty PB&J. Tuna is good, steal some mayo packets from a fast food joint, and keep a can opener in your bag.

when in a pinch, eating out is not a bad option, just make smart decisions.

6. ThunderLips

ThunderLips New Member

you're trying to lose weight. what is your goal?

7. geekierthanyou

geekierthanyou Crews: DSLR, Brolie, Classic Car, Gun, Zombie, Pro

I travel all the time for various amounts of time on site. I've done just weekends, a few nights at a time, to months away to years away.

If you are trying to lose weight, find a hotel with a gym and stay there. Be dedicated and get up early and run, lift. For food, if it's just a few days just take note of your surroundings and decide early what you are having for lunch no matter what the other people do and go get a salad from wendy's or something. I used to eat protein bars for breakfast, salad from anywhere for lunch, and then for dinner something sensible. It's not that hard to eat out and eat somewhat healthy if you really want to.

8. deznutz

deznutz New Member

I don't travel that much, but when I do...

I go on the internet and look for local gyms. Most hotel gyms are garbage.

Learn to love Muscle Milk RTD (Ready-To-Drink) shakes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.