GUN anybody here have wood AK furniture sitting around?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by MAD PUNK inDC, Mar 30, 2009.

1. MAD PUNK inDC

MAD PUNK inDC Sic Semper Tyrannis

Since so many people are pulling the wood and going with the tacticool look, I figured I'd be able to hit the gun show this weekend and get a good deal. Nothing. Seems like most end up destroying the wood or simply tossing it. If anybody has an take off stocks and pistol grips let me know.

2. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

3. MAD PUNK inDC

NOT trying to spend a fortune on Iron Wood. Yeah they make a great product but fucking jesus on a pogo stick this shit used to be cheap and easy to come by. I used to be able to get a genuine take off stock for $25 just a couple of years ago. :hsugh:

4. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

yeah, and romy g kits that were $100-$150 are now $300+ and impossible to find.

i know you're looking for something cheap but i figured i'd throw that out there - not to mention i'm waiting for a set from him :coold:

5. MAD PUNK inDC

Custom furniture aside it has always been expensive, I just refuse to pay the inflated prices of everything these days. We're not facing down any new bans, gun manufacturers are being stupid about production. Ammo is a joke now, because the price of metal and fuel has dropped off like a rock and we are still looking at "shortages". At this point it's bullshit.

6. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

i agree to a certain extent. i dont really know what you're getting at when you say "gun manufacturers are being stupid about production"; every company i've read about is busting their asses to get product out the door ASAP.

as for your furniture, check out the AK section in arfcom, maybe gunbroker, akfiles.com, and cross your fingers.

:wavey: good luck.

lastly, ironwood hasnt inflated their prices as a result of the current firearm climate.

7. MAD PUNK inDC

I agree that Ironwood pretty much kept a level head, they've just always been a little pricey . Some guys out there are doing what they can to reduce the impact of the madness like a guy I buy from here is pretty good about his prices. His table was jam packed at Richmond, probably because he's a good guy and people know that.
    What I've heard from many of the dealers I talked to this past weekend is that the manufacturers by large are not changing hours, not delivering orders fully, or giving long shipping dates. They general feeling is that ammo and gun manufacturers might be holding back a bit to drive up prices given that people are still paying the asking prices on most items. Makes me want to get into the manufacturing business. :o

8. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

have fun. I spent over a month trying to find just the fore-grips. Ended up getting both used, and one set I had to fucking strip black spray paint off of that the idiot put on it. And each set was ~$40

9. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Might have a rommy forend laying around somewhere. I know I have at least the lower hanguard with a pistol grip.

Not much, but perhaps a start. I'd consider putting up a wtb on one of the big ak sites.

10. Keesh

Keesh New Member

I have a refinished Romanian set and plastic pistol grip. It's got the donkey dick grip on it still.

It includes all the metal pieces too, like the butt-plate, screws, and sling loop...I'll have to check if theres a spring in the stock still though.
    [​IMG]

$30 shipped?

11. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

dildo grip FTMFL

12. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

I have a dragonuv-style stock I'm not using I might consider selling if you actually want it.

13. MAD PUNK inDC

Not needing the foregrip, just the stock and pistol grip. $30 out the door sounds might just do it if I can't find anything else by the end of this week.

14. Keesh

Keesh New Member

You just want a plastic Romanian pistol grip and wood stock? I've got extras of both. I can do $20 shipped for an unfinished stock and plastic pistol grip...I'll send ya pics when I get home, I don't remember what condition my extra pistol grips are in.

15. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

the black SAW grip I got looks 11ty times better than the original :bowdown:

16. Keesh

Keesh New Member

That's what I'm putting on my SAIGA and the next AK build. I like 'em, plus the storage space is nice for ear plugs when I forget my muffs or whatever.

17. MAD PUNK inDC

:bowdown: awesome. I'm doing my S12 out to match the rest of my Kalashnikov rifles. I'm not too bad with wood working so I figure I'll try my hand at making custom foregrips, but the stock and pistol grip would be a huge help.

18. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Shit dude, I was out of town until late last night and I spaced. I'll get you info tonight when I get off work ~6PM or so.

19. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

I've got 2 Romy original pistol grips I'd let you have for shipping. They're not in the greatest shape (as Keesh can contest), but if you wanted to try and clean them up, they're yours.