SRS Anybody here had success overcoming Social Anxiety?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Teh Awesome!, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Teh Awesome!

Teh Awesome! Guest

Please tell how you did it?

:hs:

I don't think mine is very serious, but it's there, and I'm tired of living this way.

2. SFLegend

SFLegend .

I was in your shoes a couple of months ago. I finally realized I have this problem and I needed to seek help. I have been diagnosed with this and I'm trying to fix this problem right now. I've been seeing a therapist and it does help. Maybe you should see your doctor and see if he/she can refer you to a psychiatrist or something.

3. raded

raded New Member

what exactly do you have problems with? I have some social anxiety issues too and I might be able to help :hsd:

4. Rommel

Rommel friends forever

:sadwavey:

it's destroying me

5. buninader

buninader SMILE!!! I just got ******!!!

i just found a place where there are a lot of people my age, and a lot of time to interact, and made myself do it, and thought about what i would like to remember myslef as, and what i wouldlike other people to remember me as, and how little time there is to acomplish this in, and that i better get to it, may not work for you, but did for me

6. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

Paxil 30mg took 6 months to really kick in for me. I also use klonopins (clonazapam) daily at 2.5mg.

It's really helped me overcome this. A lot of it has to do with putting yourself out there with the people and using your brain though. Medication will do nothing without action...

7. Teh Awesome!

Teh Awesome! Guest

When I talk to people, I feel really nervous, like I have a knot in my chest or something, it's hard to explain. I can't be myself, at all. I turn into this quiet shy, spoke when spoken too type of person. But when I'm out with friends, it's completely different, i'm talktative, outgoing and all. My social anxiety has taken alot from me, I haven't made any real friends in the past 10 years or so, come to think of it, the only friends I have are ones that I've known for 15 years + . At first I thought it was low self esteem, and confidence, which I'm sure is tied in with it somehow. But until now, I just realized that social anxiety is whats holding me back, and im so tired of it, i just want to break free.

8. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

Doesn't seem like mild anxiety to me man. :hsd: Of course you are going to be more outgoing if you are around 15+ year friends. It all depends on how you act in new social situations and public situations that really determines anxiety.

9. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I always say to myself (they have more reason to be afraid of me then i of them) :dunno: works for me!

10. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

20mg Prozac 2x daily. Started working after about a week or two.

Only thing that sucks is you get "retarded ejaculation" (takes forever to cum).