MIL Anybody here gone through SERE training?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by PepsiMax, Aug 27, 2007.

1. PepsiMax

PepsiMax New Member

2. Shingmaster

Shingmaster omgOTbangaz4life

I remember someone had a thread a couple months ago once they got out of SERE, don't remember who though. And i'm pretty sure there's a ranger around here who's done it

3. MassiveGas

MassiveGas OT Supporter

they're not gonna talk much about it

4. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

That's right. Can't spoil it for ya! You'll just have to experience it yourself when you go through with it. You'll have fun, but most importantly , you'll learn alot. :fawk: Enjoy!

5. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

Have fun.

6. PepsiMax

PepsiMax New Member

I don't even know if it really is going to be "SERE." The Air Force Academy is bringing the program back this summer so they don't have to send all the cadets through it at Fairchild after they graduate. But I heard we might not even have SERE instructors running it this year because we can't schedule any.:hsugh:

Besides, I doubt the Academy would allow for us to receive actual SERE training, even though we should, and it might be some half assed thing. But supposedly it's supposed to take our SERE requirement out for being pilots so who knows.

7. SweetDaddyO

SweetDaddyO we need a montage!!

yes, i went through SV-80A at Fairchild in the fall of '05

it's not that bad, just don't get hurt stupidly (like twisting an ankle or, like a guy in my element, by walking into a branch and scraping your eye).

8. SweetDaddyO

SweetDaddyO we need a montage!!

AF Academy graduates never went through the field portion at Fairchild, only the resistance portion.

they receive the field portion in a program called Combat Survival Training while at the Academy

9. PepsiMax

PepsiMax New Member

That started up in '96 after the USAFA SERE school was shut down. (sexual assault scandal) And CST was ended in '04. They are bringing back SERE and not CST because the Air Force thinks it's a waste of time/money not to do the whole program and make grads go complete the rest of it at Fairchild.

10. djbuzzfuzz

djbuzzfuzz OT Supporter

i have (Marine Corps version)

Im not gonna spoil it for you.
    It sucks. I had fun. DON'T be a hero!

"Positive Mental Attitude"

11. PepsiMax

PepsiMax New Member

I don't have it till next summer.:hsd::noes:

12. tunes

tunes OT Supporter

at USAFA you will get everything but resistance....still have to go to Fairchild

13. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

Coming from the Marine Corps, I was impressed by the USAF SERE training. Whats the "Advanced beatings" course called? its like an extra week or two of , um, training. But yeah, you'll have fun.

I was partnered up with our class leader, a Major, and former Army Ranger. He was 'effin cool. Well we had this boot in our element, kept falling asleep in class. So you know what we Marines do when our buddy next to us is falling asleep during a class.

At first I though i'd be nice and give him a nudge whenever he started bobbin for cock. I got fed up of doing this so I told him to stand up at the side/back of the class. He insisted that he would stay awake. So I wait, and sure enough, he starts dozing off again. I gave him a good slap on the noggin. We're in the front row, so the whole class heard/saw the slap. :bigthumb:

The nerve of the kid, he gets his feathers ruffled, and tries to step up to me, how I shouldnt hit him like that, and how things are not supposed to be done that way.

At this point, i'm fucking ready to knock some teeth out. :rl:
    I get in his face(he was an E-1) and tell him that even though i'm "just" an E-4 in the USAF, I still outranked him, and had we been in the Corps, his ass would be mine. So I'm chewing his ass infront the whole class, the instructor decides to break , stretch out, and wake up.

I'm off to a side, trying to calm down, and not kick this kid's ass, when this Lt comes up to me and proceeds to tell me that that's not how we should discipline and talk to our troops. How we should take them to the side and talk to them in a low tone of voice and all this bs.

Now I'm really fucking pissed. "With all due respect," I pretty much tell him to fuck off. The Major, which was in my element, and heard/saw the whole thing happen, steps in to put the Lt in his place. The two Captains in my element give me kudos as well, tell me I did the right thing.

To top it off, this kid was there because he was gonna be a SERE instructor. What a big fucking pussy he turned out to be. Bitchin and complaining through all the humps. He was physically bigger and in better shape than me, but I didnt give a fuck, i'd still kick his ass.

14. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

iTunes, How old is your pup? Pitbull right? We have two in our family. One is all white rednose w/ blue eyes. Maybe albino, but dont they have pink eyes? We've had him for 10 yrs now.

The other one my brother rescued about a yr or so ago. he's probably around 2 yrs old. Black and white/ maybe mixed with American bulldog.

We bred the white one with a blue bitch, but the black one my have slipped in a quicky. She just had puppies a lil over a week ago, 9 total. No all white pups with blue eyes as I was hoping for, but some with alot of white. half the litter looks to be black and white, and the other half mostly white/blue, so maybe they both are the baby daddies.

15. origin unknown

origin unknown OT Supporter

what fucking e1 gets to be a sere instructor

16. gtcrispy

gtcrispy New Member

its fun. have fun when you get to go.

17. armygrognard

armygrognard New Member

LOL! My last boss, an SF guy. He said they WILL break you.

18. tunes

tunes OT Supporter

hes almost 2 years...
    he and the other dog had 8 puppies back in december...cutest things ever....1 all white. lots of the brown/black mix

19. tunes

tunes OT Supporter

:ughj:

20. gtcrispy

gtcrispy New Member

haha and wtf do you know about anything?

21. tunes

tunes OT Supporter

That SF thinks they are the coolest thing since sliced bread.....and are not even close.

22. gtcrispy

gtcrispy New Member

And you are talking based on what experience?

23. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

Is he wrong? :fawk:

24. tunes

tunes OT Supporter

based on the fact that i have been around them for 3 years..... :madfawk:

25. tunes

tunes OT Supporter

nope