GUN anybody have experience with a BM Carbon 15?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Dsking85, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

I have a chance today to pick up a Carbon 15 M4gery in a FTF trade. I've heard that they're nice. the thing i don't like is the 14.5" barrel with a permanently installed compensator. anybody know anything about these rifles?

2. XSuROsISX

XSuROsISX Guest

The new BM Carbon 15's for an AR are nothing less than relaible, and they seem to eat 55 grain Wolf without a hitch, sometimes heavier loads require a little bit of dremmeling on the feed ramps. They are built right here in good ol Az, but they are known to have front sight cant problems so check it out first, Bushy will fix the problem for free if you send it back to them though.

3. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

thanks! i imagine it's the new model. it's new in the box and has no rounds fired.

4. mds2004

mds2004 OT Supporter

Do eet.

5. Fire Sauce

Fire Sauce New Member

6. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

hmm, i'm kinda reluctant. i don't like the fact that it has a permanent muzzle brake, and i'm not quite sold on the carbon material.

7. silversilvia

silversilvia OT Supporter

only thing i heard about them is if u change your barrels a lot u might strip the threads on the upper reciever.

8. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Unless you got a stamp, the muzzle device has to be permemntly attached to keep it legal if the barrels under 16" if you dont like it you can take off the barrel and sell it and put a 16" on.

9. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

i'd be fine if it was a permanent flash hider, but my problem is that it's a muzzle brake, not that it's permanent.

10. Fire Sauce

Fire Sauce New Member

The only Bushy carbon 15 they sell with a 14.5 barrel has a permanently attached Izzy flash-hider, not a muzzle brake, sounds like someone got their terminology wrong.

11. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

oh ok, thanks! he told me it was a compensator. hmm, that makes me want it more...

12. Fire Sauce

Fire Sauce New Member

looking at the bushy website more, they alternate the term compensator and flash hider when referring to the thing, but looking at it, it's a flash hider.

13. SnakeEater

SnakeEater OT Supporter

I havent messed with any of the rifles,but I have a 97 pistol for almost 2 years now.Had some probs within the first 200 rds.Sent back to BM free of charge and just alil over a week got it back and put easly 1500 rds. through without a single hickup.They polished the ramps and chamber.Soon as I got it back.I put a couple 100 through,even did 2 sets of 90 rd stress test and she ate every single bit.

14. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

how's the actual carbon material? does it have a cheap look to it? do you have any good pictures of yours showing the material?

15. SnakeEater

SnakeEater OT Supporter

Not at all.Its light as all hell but looks and feels very solid.SOrry I dont have any decent pics realy.The only ones I have right now are of the gas tube.I can probaly get a pic or 2 up alil later tonight or tommorrow.