Anybody have a Logitech Harmony 880?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Maffy29, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

So I just got a Harmony 880. I have it set up to work with my TV and Motorola digital cable box. It works good, just not as good as I'd like. I have to change the device if I want to change the channel (with the cable box) or turn up the volume (on the TV). Is there a way I can permanently set it so that the channel always changes on the cable box and volume on the TV? Also, how do I turn everything on? There is only an OFF button.

2. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

You shouldn't have to change the device to the cable box as long as you are in the watch tv function. Did you add the cable box in the setup of the watch tv function? To make these buttons work you can go to the activities tab in your setup. Click the customize button. On the left you'll see a button listing with types of buttons such as volume, channel and so on. then you'll have a device and command column. So for example it'll look like this.

Button Device Command
    volume up tv volume up

basically change the volume up button so it says tv or receiver if that's what controls your audio...and then command would be volume up
    same goes for channel up and channel down and volume down.

There really isn't a button to turn everything on. The Harmony will only turn on what is used in a specific activity.

When you pick up the remote and everything is off...it should give you an activities list such as watch tv, watch dvd, listen to cd, listen to radio and so on. Next to each activity is a button....just push that and aim the remote at all the equipment and keep it pointed there until everything is on.

I think I got all your questions. That should take care of your problems.

3. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

Yeah, I have the TV, cable box and Xbox 360 in there. Is there something for "master volume" or something? I'm just not understanding it maybe.

4. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

I think I got it figured out.

5. BurpKing

BurpKing Money's only something you need in case you don't

I got this remote last night, so far I am liking it. Do you guys always leave it in the cradle when not in use?

6. boosted420

boosted420 New Member

I prefer to completely power cycle the batteries for prolonged life.

Just got my 880 for XMAS and loving it so far. A few minor complaints, but nothing that I can't deal with.

I was kind of bummed to see the Harmony One announced today. Wished I would have waited now.
    http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/05/logitech-launches-harmony-one/

7. subieworx

subieworx New Member

I have had it for four months or so and have been liking it. As long as you setup the activities correctly it is easy to use. Flipping the screens to find the function you want can some times be an annoyance, but always works once the function is found. I would rate it 7/10.

8. Zak8022

Zak8022 New Member

That looks awesome! Maybe by the time i can bring myself to spend a shitton on a remote, that'll be out, and (hopefully) not horribly expensive.