Anybody get Silent Hunter V?

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by Der SchattenJager, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Der SchattenJager

Der SchattenJager Kupo, asshat.

Only played a few minutes of it so far. The intro is :bowdown:

It's cool walking around the boat, talking to people and interacting with equipment. It's gonna be very weird, though, because I think you actually have to GO to a particular station in order to use it, whereas in the older games you had access to any station through the HUD.

Graphics are awesome, but they will definitely test your machine, especially the interior shots.

I had the same problem that I had with SH4, though. When the intro mission was complete, it told me to head to port, so I set my waypoints (new feature!) and upped time compression to 2056 or whatever, and then right as I got within 1000 miles of port, it completely started to chug on me, so much so that I wasn't able to stop time compression in time and slammed into the dock :bowrofl:

2. Der SchattenJager

It's been out almost a week and IGN still hasn't written a review for it. :ugh:

3. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

Isn't that the first Ubisoft game to have that awful DRM?

Turn off your router, fire up the game and see what happens.

4. ned_perfel

ned_perfel I can smell a lying whore from a mile away.

need to fire up das boot to get into the mood to play this

5. ErwinRommel

ErwinRommel New Member

i got it but haven't opened the package due to bc2, lol. and yeah that drm is pretty fucking gay.

6. Der SchattenJager

Yeah, It's ridiculous, but I'm not really worried about it because I would never be at that computer without being connected to the internet anyway.

But I agree, it's asinine what they put honest game owners through just to curb piracy, especially given that the pirates will have a much easier time playing the game.

7. spiffitz

spiffitz New Member

It's already cracked...

Waiting for a review on this myself. So do you need to go to each station just to get things done? Does it end up feeling like you're running the sub by yourself and the rest of the crew is just for decoration?

8. Der SchattenJager

I haven't played it enough to be certain, but that's my concern. Maybe there's a way to command crew members, but at least from the few minutes I played, you do everything yourself.

And like always, the game is way to automated on the easier settings. Gotta turn that shit up to 100% realism.

9. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sounds like my co-workers

10. nihilistix

nihilistix Feels bad man

Not sure about this one yet. I loved SH 2 and 3(skipped 4 because it didn't have germans..), but I hear there are a lot of bugs at the moment. I also hear they have dumbed it down a bit with the controls etc.
    I also am not too worried about the DRM as I have a reliable connection. Let us know about it more when you have played through it a bit, I would like to hear a review from someone who isn't too busy crying about the DRM.

11. Der SchattenJager

I'll definitely report back.

Yeah, I heard it's basically a beta release right now with a lot of bugs. Kinda disappointing (but not surprising given that it's Ubi.)

I heard the subsim.com modders are hard at work fixing a lot of the stuff they dumbed down. If you're going to get the game, I would wait a month or so until 1) Ubi releases an acceptable patch 2) The modders have come up with some good mods.