SRS anybody ever suffered from depression?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Peanut3, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Peanut3

Peanut3 OT Supporter

2. 7960

7960 New Member

this doesn't really belong in On Topic.

good luck

3. Kytro

Kytro I am become death, shatterer of worlds

Possibly, but I know other people who have.

4. Peanut3

Peanut3 OT Supporter

I just feel like everything sucks and I burst into tears at the drop of a hat. My relationship is better than ever right now but I really hate school and I'm ready to be done (just started this semester, and one more after this)..... I don't ever feel like going out anymore (Whereas December and beginning of January I was out like 4-5 nights a week) and every little thing pisses me off. I'm not myself anymore and I Just want to be happy again :wtc:

5. AO

AO New Member

You were happy once before.
    You are not happy now.
    You will be happy again.

The moon waxes and wanes,
    The tides come and go out.

So does depression.
    Just be patient with yourself.
    Things should start changing once spring gets here, the sun will come out and hopefully wash away the drudgery.

6. wcp0816

wcp0816 New Member

welcome to the world of depression. to start, figure out whats got you feeling down. i know this sounds hard but its alot simplier than you think. i was depressed for about the last 5 years, and finally about 6 months ago, i started coming out of it. a good way i found was to start writing a journal or diary. just write how you feel and it'll start helping you recover.

7. deviant

deviant rest your trigger on my finger

depression is a big part of my family. my mom, dad, and sister are all medicated for it, and my mother and sister both spent time in the hospital for almost attempting suicide (my mom had a bottle of pills in her hand when her boyfriend came home and she went with him to admit herself and was in treatment for a couple of months- lithium, etc, the whole bit. and my sister, for some reason, turned on the burners on the stove and burned the holy shit out of both of her wrists. she also spent some time in treatment).

my mom's dad shot himself in the head when i was a baby, and i've had a great aunt who also committed suicide (dunno how she did it). i haven't had any depression issues in a long time, pretty much since high school or so (i'm 27 now), and i smoke a lot of weed which seems to also be a way of self medicating.

you may want to speak with a therapist for a session just to get some feedback, or speak with your dr for suggestions.

hope you feel better soon :hs:

8. Peanut3

Peanut3 OT Supporter

Thank you :hs: Pretty sure you don't have to worry about suicide in me... I'm wayyy too scared of death to even ever consider it. I mean, sometimes I'm like I Just wish this would all end! But I would NEVER EVER do anything to myself. I'm just down in the dumps all the time. I think I might talk to someone soon just have to get over the initial feeling weird about it.

9. deviant

deviant rest your trigger on my finger

np :). i doubt the weird feeling will really go away, though. just gotta bite the bullet on this one :hs:

10. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

nope, never

everyone is always happy

11. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

maybe its because you spend so much of your time looking for fault in others

its a catch-22, because you'll always wind up looking at yourself through the same lens

plus, you wont have any actual friends, so there'll be no one to let your guard down around, and you'll always feel lonely