Anybody ever heard of the Warrior Diet?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by SanchoPancho, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SanchoPancho

SanchoPancho New Member

I overheard some guy talking about it at school. He said it's based on the way Roman/Greek warriors lived and stayed in shape. He said you eat very little to nothing during the day (just fresh fruit juice or a handful of nuts and dried fruit) and only eat one really big meal in the evening. The big meal has to be whole foods and it has to be eaten in a special order (i think veggies, then proteins, then carbs for last). It just sounded interesting so I looked up about it out of pure curiosity. The point is that being hungry during the day is supposed to make you focused and in turn feel energetic.

I don't think this is really for being broly but lean. Really lean, I think cuz I'd imagine you lose alot of fat but alot muscle as well. Weird thing is the guy that's pushing this isn't some doctor but some guy that did cartoons and articles for Penthouse. Sounds kind of gimmicky to me but just thought it was an interesting concept.

2. GuOD

GuOD mcflurry diet

3. retorq

retorq What up bitch??

You're seriously going to follow diet advice by the guy that writes "Chester the Molester"?? :rofl:

4. SanchoPancho

SanchoPancho New Member

Me? Hell no. I just said it sounded interesting. Not interesting as in "oh, I think I wanna try that" but interesting as in "I've never heard of that weird concept".

5. solid snake

solid snake New Member

people will try anything out as long as it doesn't involve exercising and thinking too hard about what they eat.
    see : lemonade cleanse

6. deadbolt

deadbolt New Member

he he didnt say anything about roman/greek warriors you probably would show no interest

7. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Intermittent fasting is an approach somewhat similar which is studied because of its possible lenghtening of the lifespan.

8. Formz

Formz Hipster Santa OT Supporter

this doesn't sound interesting, it sounds stupid.

you know what not eating during the day does to me? it focuses me on one thing and one thing only, how fucking hungry I am.

9. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

There was a study which showed that the benefits of intermittent fasting on physiological markers took about a month to happen. So like ketogenic diets, there's a certain adaptation that happens. So hunger would likely change along with the speed of gastric emptying, among other things.

10. Formz

Formz Hipster Santa OT Supporter

F that.

11. jonno

jonno New Member

:rofl: :werd:

12. SanchoPancho

SanchoPancho New Member

Actually, from what I read, you have to work out, and pretty hard, too. I think you're supposed to work out right before you eat your big meal so that your body craves it more. And about the hunger thing, your body is supposed to adapt to not eating during the day. People that have tried it said they adapted to not eating and eventually would actually NOT want to eat during the day because they would feel sluggish afterwards.

Again, I never said I had any interest in doing this. It was just something new I thought I'd share here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.