Anybody ever get a Refurb phone?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by jmx2323, Nov 19, 2007.

1. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

AT&T specifically? they still have all the warranty or a longer one? I've been looking at the BB 8300 or perl for 30 dollars refurb.

Just want to know if its gonna be any diffrent as far as customer support if something happens to it, becasue for 170 less then new it seems like a great deal

2. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

guess not

3. Priest Tango

Priest Tango Custom User Tits

i claimed insurance on my RAZR v3m because the front screen cover fell off, and it was pretty badly scrathed. the refurbed phone i got ended up smashed against a wall and into about 40 pieces by the end of the first week. i reactivated my old phone BEFORE i had sent it back to the insurance company. and sent their phone back as the core :mamoru: so i lost my $50 deductable, and they charged me ~~$95 dollars for not sending back the right core :mamoru:

....just my experience with a refurb :o

4. BlackWRX02

BlackWRX02 OTs Cingular Guru

You may get one thats perfect. You may also get one that you'll send back twice a month. You still have a 1 year warranty from the date of purchase

If you're going this route, make sure you are prepared with a backup phone just in case you need to send this in under warranty.

Based on what I see every day, you're better off with a different model refurb. The pearls seem to suck. Lots of software issues vs other blackberry's and most other phones. Have two friend with 8125 refurbs that never skip a beat. Just luck of the draw I guess.

5. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

thanks for the info, im gonna go with the 8300 I think and yea ill still have my razor laying around