anybody ever get a referral from their Doctor to get massages? v.iwantmyinsurancetopa

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Skeletor, Oct 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

Has anybody ever tried this? I figure I'll just tell my doctor I'm experiencing soreness and stiffness and deep tissue massages in the past have really helped it. Think it will work? :x: I want some insurance-paid massages.

Really though i've done a lot for shoulder mobility and my thoracic spine just won't straighten beyond a certain point, which I don't feel is enough. I could use some upper body deep tissue and maybe even chiropractic stuff to loosen it up.

2. Matt2000ss

Matt2000ss OT Supporter

I've been thinking about trying to do that because I just started looking at craigslist massage listings but i think they are all whores. I want a legit deep tissue not just a tugjob.

3. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

Maybe you can get both?

4. Matt2000ss

Matt2000ss OT Supporter

Thats my ultimate goal. And to have insurance pay for it would be the icing on the cake.

5. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

honestly i went on to the therapeutic section of craigslist and thats what motivated this thread :rofl:

the mobility shit is just an excuse really, I'm sure it'll keep getting better. I just want the massage cause it feels good and is relaxing. I'm cool off massage whores though... I don't think they take insurance, they're dirty, plus they don't know how to actually give massages.

6. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

if anything they'll write you a prescription for massage and send you to physical therapy

i don't know if private massage places (or places along those lines) even take insurance or prescrips/referrals; it'd be awesome if they did

7. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

deep tissue massage isn't what i'd consider relaxing

8. Matt2000ss

Matt2000ss OT Supporter

no, but it sure feels nice afterwords.

9. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

exactly. plus there's a lot of practitioners who do deep/swedish combo... that would be nice.

10. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

the really legit ones often do. spas and shit most likely do not.... if I could find anything cheaper than 60/hour I'd just pay for it myself.... but I make 10.50/hour and I'm in college, I can't afford that shit.

11. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

if your insurance covers chiropractic, most A.R.T. practitioners are chiros

12. retorq

retorq What up bitch??

Not that you give a shit but when I worked in medical billing years ago Blue Cross/Blue Shield covered chiro visits twice a month ... so I know that some cover it ... :big grin:

13. Drewski

Drewski New Member

a lot of company benefits up here included massage, no script needed. I used to go every month, right after a hard ass workout which is the best

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.