SRS Anybody ever deal with Clozapine?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Biggity, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Biggity

Biggity Only the dead have seen the end of war

I found out yesterday that they raised my dad's dose of it and I have no clue what that really means. The Psychologist/Psychiatrist (don't know which) said he doesnt' understand why treatment isn't working. :ugh:

I live 1500 miles away from my dad, and there really isn't anyone in the area to take care of him, so I do what I can via phone. But just seems to me that if the Clozapine isn't working, that they should try something else? :hsd:

2. Dobis P.R.

Dobis P.R. Guest

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

It could be that your dad is treatment resistant , people can react different on chemicals/medicines because their dna composition is different ,which is natural for everyone in order to protect us from certain diseases. To give an explanation.

For instance if you bug spray locust with chemicals, only those locusts with a genetically chemical resistant dna string which differs from the rest will survive the onslaught, and their spawn will be the future which is able to deal with that chemical in the future, making it useless.

Although its far fetched, it could be so.Also if your dad is receiving more medicines, normally its only done when a disease worsens, but if inneffective it to me would seem that your dad can withstand this rather harsh chemical in his blood.

4. Biggity

That right there is probably the reason they don't take him off :o
    Thank you

5. Biggity

Clozapine is for treatment resistant patients :hsd: So I haven't really a clue why it's not helping. He always gets worse in October and spans into December, and come January he rebounds again until October, it's a vicious cycle :hsd:

6. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Then the only thing i can think of is temperature changes, that's possible but that would be bizarre, and bizarre also you can also be resistant to resistant treatment medicines such as Clozapine. Which is also a possibility, making me guess your dad might need an entire different kind of medicine for his mental illness. That medicine might not even exist yet, because so little is known about brain function. I feel sorry for you and your dad man :hug:

But if you said he would come back into a more normal state during January, i hope that is the case, its still fairly bizarre tho.

7. killer4605

killer4605 New Member

is he bipolar?

8. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Clozapine is for schizophrenia and seems suited for those of them have also mood issues.