GUN any you guys fired the SA80?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by slintank, Jan 5, 2006.

1. slintank

slintank New Member

hey,
    Im from good old england and was just wondering if anyone has tried out the sa80. is it even legal in the states? i heard its heavy but accurate. i personally think the british army should have got the g36 or something instead of forking out loads for the upgrade

what you guys think?

2. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I dont think any SA80's ever made it to the states, I'de like to try one out, I'm on a couple gun board that have a few British members and they give it mixed reviews. G36 or Sig55x series probably would of been better yes, we should switch to one of the two here also.

3. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

Sounds about right, considering what I heard firsthand from a MSgt or whatever the brit equivalent is, who was attached to my unit in Iraq. He mentioned something about not feeding reliably from NATO 30 rounders.. or them not always fitting right.. something like that.

4. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

I've always heard nothing but bad reviews on the SA80. It's considered by many as the worst assault rifle ever made.

But speaking of the G36, the Class 3 dealer who frequents my club (Same guy who let me shoot his Sig 552) had a G36 there on new years. Looked pretty nice, but I didn't get the chance to shoot it.

5. Sssnake

Sssnake meh

didn't they recall the first version of it due to reliability problems? Thought they redid the design and the second version isn't much better.