Any way to rip video from ABC.com?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Redsand187, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Redsand187

Redsand187 OT Supporter

I need a couple video clips from Jimmy Kimmel Live that didn't make the air, but did make the website/youtube. The only problem, is they are locked up somehow. I can't just do the normal page info media source deal to get the address. Is there someway to capture this video?

2. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

without a link? :hs:

3. DouggieJ

DouggieJ OT Supporter

This usually works:

Go to the page with the video using Safari, choose Window->Activity from the menubar and then look through all the files under that page in the Activity Window. The video file should be largest on the page and have an ending like flv or mp4 or something. Double click that and it should save, if it doesn't copy it and use something like curl or wget to get it.

4. Redsand187

Redsand187 OT Supporter

Alright, I have been using firefox and it didn't work like it always has before. I read a little bit about doing it with Safari, didn't really understand how it would be any different. But it worked! You totally rock! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

5. Raider007

Raider007 om nom nom nom

or open up the download window and paste it and it'll start downloading :bigthumb: