Any Vitamins that block absorption of Glucosamine/Chondrotin?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Jeff Merr, Jul 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff Merr

Jeff Merr Elite Member

I take a good Glucosamine/Chondrotin complex with my other vitamins in the morning/evening, i searched around on Yahoo and couldnt find if there are any vitamins that block or hinder absorption of Glucosamine or Chondrotin, therefor i would have to take them seperate from my Multi Vitamin. Thanks.

2. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

Not really, just if you have peptic ulcers, prostate cancer, taking diuretics, etc should you really worry.

3. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

Are you taking it for prevention or do you have any current problems?

4. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

people with the peptic ulcers and taking diuretics are more likely to have reversable mild gastrointestinal side affects :hs: not really a huge deal

there are some animal studies that say it contributes to insulin resistance, though controlled studies have shown that the glucose levels are lower or the same in humans

the prostate cancer was just a single doctor i think saying that he found higher levels around the prostate with cancer present, though it may be just like calcium in the fact that taking the supplement doesn't necessarily attribute to arterial plaque, it's just found in higher concentrations there

5. Jeff Merr

Jeff Merr Elite Member

I have bad elbows, after training my elbows are really sore, and can be sore 24/7 sometimes. I notice that when i take glucosamine/chondrotin as well as fish bodies, it helps out, but i wanted to make sure that by taking them with my multi i wasnt decreasing the absorption and wasting my money.

6. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

what in the shit, I just fucking told you :ugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.