Any VDI Users?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by IAMwhitey, Feb 26, 2009.

1. IAMwhitey

IAMwhitey New Member

I am looking to deploy a VDI Environment for approximately 280 users. I have an existing VMware farm so my plan was to use VMware View with Quest VWorkspace as the broker.

Does anyone have any experience with VDI? If so what broker/backend did you use? What were your thoughts? Any real world info would be appreciated.

2. Josepi

Josepi HA HA, I CHANGED MY AV

I seriously don't see the push lately for mainframe environments. There are reasons PCs left that architecture in the monochrome days.

just ranting because it seems some clowns around here have picked up magazines that have cloud articles and now are convinced...arg.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  3. IAMwhitey

IAMwhitey New Member

I am not sure I have the foggiest on what you are even talking about. If you don't see the benefit in centralized computing because of the use of "cloud" terminology you might want to wake up. Software as a Service is the way the world is moving. I too think the "cloud" terminology is quite lame, but centralizing applications and resources into a data center environment and serving clients in all different locations makes sense to me. The protections and ability to replicate data in real time inside a data center are huge!