Any type of broken iPhone fixable?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by verbal, Jan 7, 2008.

1. verbal

verbal Active Member

I'm tempted to find a broken iPhone on eBay to fix it. What type of broken iPhone is easily fixable?

2. Naturally Baked

Naturally Baked Active Member

3. mad_vtak

mad_vtak Active Member

broken as in screen or bricked? For bricked iphones all you have to do is restore it.

4. verbal

verbal Active Member

There are a few on eBay that are broken. Cracked screen or only shows Apple logo when plugged in or water damage, etc.

Wondering which of those are 'easily fixable'.

5. Naturally Baked

Naturally Baked Active Member

id guess the only showing apple when plugged in would be easiest but dont quote

6. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Cracked screens can be fixed if it's just the glass covering. There are a couple options. You can find the replacement touch screen with glass and LCD on eBay and other places new for around $100. The other option if it's just the glass that's broken is replacing the glass with clear plastic. You can search around and find instructions on how to do so. Friend of mine did it on his after breaking the screen in 3 places from dropping it. If you can find a good price on one, you can take it to Apple and they'll replace it with a refurb'd one for $299 (the warranty starts new also I believe). Here was his phone before. Don't have an after shot but the plastic worked well and looks pretty good.

[​IMG]