any ty or sy owners out there

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by flynfrog, Dec 17, 2001.

1. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

any ty or sy owners out there

i want one how much do they cost appox

2. Wolvrin704

Wolvrin704 Guest

I would say 10-15K depending on mileage and condition.

3. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

oh shit never mind i cant afford one how bout a trubo for my 4.3 its the same engine right only htey had better psisonts and cranks and a higher redlin but the smae block

4. Boostn

Boostn Guest

I would recommend going to www.syty.net.

I have a 1992 GMC Typhoon that is coming out of the shop in few days.

Good luck.

5. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

how much was it how are they for relability that kind of stuff i have a 92 blazer now but i wish it ahd more power is why im looking at one

6. Boostn

Boostn Guest

I wouldn't recommend them as far for reliability issue. If you are mechanically inclined and have time work on them in the weekends. Go for it. They just need lots of tender loving car.

However, I would advise against it since I saw your pic of the blazer and saw all the snow in the backgroud. I wouldn't drive them in snow, thats mean!

If you want more power. I doubt you want to turbo your blazer. Why not put something more reliable like 350 V8?

7. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

ive been playing with the v8 idea for a while but a recent happeining wiht a toyato sentra has bent my frame i thing so im looking to sell this one asap and get another balzer but i alwasy wished i ahd more power but i dont realy want a car but they seem a little to pricy for me right now

8. Boostn

Boostn Guest

well, you gotta decide what you want to do with the car. If you wanted to do offroading. Don't get Typhoon or Syclone. If you wanted cheap reliable car. Don't get Typhoon or Syclone! Well, as for more power, there is always a price for it. Why not get a full size Chevy Blazer? Yeah, it will have lousy gas milage, but you get more power. Good Luck

9. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

im not too concerened about gas milage i jsut realy like my s10 full learther sunroof after doing a litte research and your help im kinda deciding i cant afford one now any way and i did see a fullsize blazer i liked but it was pricey too my uncle has a shop full of built race motors maybe i should swap in a one ill problay end up getting a car for now i stillhave the bearter to offroad with thanks for your help

10. idontgiveashit

idontgiveashit I eat rice

id get his built vette 427, or you can always get my 402bb

11. < DEV >

< DEV > Red Rocket

12. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

and that will fit on my frame how?

13. Wolvrin704

Wolvrin704 Guest

I think the easiest thing would be to get a supercharger for the blazer you get. The next option would be a V8 swap, not as easy but doable.

14. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

well the sc is out the motor is high milage and i dont wana make it any worse than it is Id do a V8 if i could find a vette motor for a decent price

15. Guest

Guest Guest

the v8 small block swap really isnt that hard to do
    i just takes time. theres not alot of prep work to make it fit
    there alot of companys out there that make products to make it easier and better

get the jtr book, it tells u everything

16. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

well teh SC is out the motor is ot great needs a lifter and since the body is now crap ive decide to drive it till it quits runnign for good then use all the insurance money ive colocet over hte years to buy a new car or truck

17. Phoon30

Phoon30 Guest

I've got a Ty. Like Boostn said, SyTy's are not the most reliable. But some are and some aren't. It all depends on how you drive and how you maintain it. Also, how the previous owner has driven it and maintained it. Mine is my daily driver, and I do regular oil changes (every 2K miles mobil 1 only) and all the other required maintence and i don't get any major problems.

18. Phoon30

Phoon30 Guest

Also if your looking into adding forced induction to your 4.3, check out www.tobefast.com . Jerry McCoy is working on a complete setup.

19. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

thanks for the info but its looking liek this thing is going to be sold for a newr vehice any one wana buy a 92 blazer