any tmobile customers using the blackberry 8320? wifi question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ANUS_MANGLER, Jul 27, 2008.

1. ANUS_MANGLER

ANUS_MANGLER New Member

any tmobile customers using the blackberry curve 8320? wifi question

its time for a new phone. my samsung t509 is randomly shutting off and the battery has been sucking the last few months. i was loooking into the blackberry 8320 as my next phone. i have never had a smart phone and dont really have a huge need for one, but i read this phone can pick up wifi and that got me interested. I dont use internet enough to justify the extra $20 a month for internet and im in enough areas with wifi that i can get just use random networks.

But ive been getting mixed reviews on whether you can surf the web with that wifi or if its just used for the free hotspot calling.

that'd be pretty gay if it was just used for calling, and i tried asking the guy at the tmobile booth and the fucker didnt know :ugh2:

anyways.....help?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
  2. jmechy

jmechy Calmer then you are.

I'm pretty sure that no version of the curve has wifi.

3. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

the 8320 does have wifi. And its only on tmobile because they have the WORST network in the country in terms of data. They NEED wifi to sell such a data-centric device as a bb.

I'd say ditch the shitty carrier and go somewhere better.

On normal networks you NEED the bb data plan to use data. Not sure if tmobile will let you use wifi for inet access without it. Maybe. Maybe not. Try it.

However, if you want a blackberry, then you are either a poser that only cares about "image" or you want some of the bb features -- and that needs the bb plan!

4. oakie

oakie my ninja.

you can use the wifi on the 8320 for internet access. you're just not allowed to download and install apps OTA without a BIS account.

5. Pavester

Pavester New Member

i just picked one up and yea you can use the wifi to surf.