WEB Any tips to make my site better?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by t-t-t-today, Oct 9, 2008.

1. t-t-t-today

t-t-t-today New Member

Well, my site just went live on October 2nd. Right now I'm working on driving some free traffic there so I can gather my baseline data and try to get a conversion rate of 1-2%. Then I plan on launching a huge PPC campaign.

Well, I've had over 200 visitors and I've only had 1 sale. How can I optimize my site to make sales? Should I get some BBB logos and things like that? My url is:

www.dominantcaraudio.com

2. Jesse

Jesse PSN: iamajesse; XBL: Inhale My Rod; G8 GT crew; Ne OT Supporter

new logo.
    smaller header.
    something other than shitty text word navigation.
    better personal examples of work done.
    probably a new layout entirely.

3. biawokauns

biawokauns New Member

prob should hire somebody, esp if you're going to launch a huge ppc campaign.

4. Die Antwoord

Die Antwoord New Member

5. t-t-t-today

t-t-t-today New Member

Assuming I only have $600 left, (probably not enough to hire someone), what should I do/change?

This is my first site, so I can't do anything fancy unless I learn HTML or something.

6. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

To be honest, I think it's decent enough to do some testing. Yeah, "we" might like seeing a cleaner, more professional, design but end users are always hard to read. Sometimes crappy design actually creates more conversions!

Rather than spend money on design and as long as everything at least works, I would spend the cash testing by sending even more traffic there and see what the numbers tell you. 1 sale after only 200 visits (unique?) is actually pretty decent if that is free traffic.

Thing that bothers me most as a "user" is you may have too much content...like overkill that overwhelms a visitor. Takes a few clicks just to get to the end items then each has a ton of information. I'd test having less product info on product descriptions or maybe write some in your own writing. Maybe a popup with the tech stats that they can click if they need more info to decide.

7. themolsen

themolsen New Member

1. don't create graphics in Paint
    2. smaller header
    3. ?????
    4. profit

8. dissonance

dissonance reset OT Supporter

Also, for example, when you click on "Car Speakers", it would be nice to see all speakers and then have the option to narrow down your selection. If someone isn't positive on the size they want, it would be very useful to be able to view multiple selections at once. It would also be nice to have some type of sorting options.

The cart text should have some sort of divider to separate it from the rest of the navigation pane. There should also be some sort of separation at the bottom of the nav for the policy stuff.

Smaller images on the home page would be nice as well.

The email listed at the top is part of the header and links to the main page (as the header should). But you should be taken to the contact us page when you click on the email.