MMA Any tips for avoiding ankle locks?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by furst, Jan 19, 2008.

1. furst

furst THE BOWRD OT Supporter

So I'm rolling today and all is going fine. I roll out of an armbar and we scramble. The guy got a hold of my foot and cranked the shit out of my ankle. I tapped, but he didn't let go until I literally smacked him. I heard that shit pop and all, but it seems to be okay. Guess I'm lucky.

Is there anything that I can do to avoid getting caught like that in the future? It's like, once the ankle lock is on, there's a very fine line between a regular submission and unforgiving pain. I tried to tuck my feet back as quick as I could, but he caught me anyway :o

2. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

yeah, punch your partner in the face for cranking on a submission while ignoring tapping.

3. toothpick

toothpick New Member

Well if your a white belt like me we don't do ankle locks usually. We know how to apply rotary ankle locks and achillies ankle locks. However it is rare someone will use them especially the rotary locks because the risk of braking an ankle is to easy. Also it takes FOREVER for an ankle to heal.

4. Antigeek

Antigeek Who Dat!

On an achilles lock, thrust your leg through their arm and try to put your foot on the floor.