GUN any thoughts on the DPMS Panther .308?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Hathegkla, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Hathegkla

Hathegkla New Member

so I was thinking of getting a Stag arms model 6 Super Varminter. I'm looking for a precision rifle for target shooting, long range plinking, fun etc. origionally I assumed 5.56 was a better bet because its less expencive and more people (girlfriend, and others not so into big guns) would want to shoot it on camping trips etc...this is what I was looking at.

[​IMG]

now I'm looking at the DPMS Panther .308, similar price but more power, longer range etc. its gonna be more expencive to shoot but I think it would be a lot of fun, honestly I want both :o anybody shot one? I've heard some good things about them and I'm kinda torn between the 2. I have a little while to decide because I havent got my tax return yet lol but I'm just trying to weigh the pros and cons of each.

[​IMG]

Both are similar in price, the SA rifle is like $1050 and the DPMS is $1135 so price is not a factor (except for ammo), both will need optics.

:dunno:

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

never owned one, but always got a bad feeling from DPMS.

3. THT

THT The easy way is always mined

Why not get a bolt instead of an AR-variant for long distance shooting?

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

the AR holds a special place for me. I will have some bolts as well, but I understand the desire for an AR.

5. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

I've heard to many bad things about DPMS to get one of their rifles. :dunno:

6. Hathegkla

Hathegkla New Member

I just like em, I want a semi. but I have considered it, I wouldn't bother with a .223 but if I really decided I wanted a .308 I would consider it.

so it sounds like DMPS isn't all that great? I think just for fun/target etc I'll probably get more use out of a 5.56 anyway, and at 1/2 moa stock the Stag Arms rifle seems pretty nice. they also come in left handed :naughty: I can shoot ambi, esp at a bench but the :ugh: faces my friends will give me when they see I have a left handed AR just may be worth it.