WEB any templates that have the look/feel of microsoft products?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Ebtek, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Ebtek

Ebtek Afraid of 138

does anyone know where i can get/purchase a website template that has a very similar feel to an office product like word or excel 2007 (or 2003)?

2. eskarinna

eskarinna New Member

hmm the only thing i can think of is use telerik controls to create your site. They have skins for pretty much everything you can possibly want to use in your layout. The way it works is you can drag and drop a tool bar or menu or text editor, even tree view and choose office or windows skin for each component. Further more you can actualy change the collors and such to what you like better.

demos : http://www.telerik.com/demos/aspnet/Controls/Examples/Default/DefaultCS.aspx

3. Ebtek

Ebtek Afraid of 138

interesting. so this would be used mostly by designers for creating custom sites by using the telerik items for their content.

i wonder if there is an easier way by using premade templates at a place like freewebtemplates.com...

4. eskarinna

eskarinna New Member

well the telerik controls are used to build not only look and feel but functionality. They are alot more flexible in the terms that they allow you to do like calendars, expandable colapsable grids panelbars (like outlook leftpane) and tool bars much like the office products. They are elements of the page not the design skin/ template. I would think that depanding on what your idea is you would either need to use both a template and controls or just design your layout in such way that all you need is the controls.

note: when you buy the package it comes with all the items listed on the left of the demo i think, unless they have different packages. if you fo through their site everything you see there is included in that package so you will be able to do those things as well. they are also very good with support and if you need help using anything there is extensive turtorial how things are done or you can simply post a question and get it answered by the people who developed the product you have issue with.