GUN Any suggestions for somone with an injury of their dominant hand who carries?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by minus, Jun 1, 2007.

1. minus

minus Damn you, Damn the Broccoli, and Damn the Wright B

I recently fractured the bone on my small finger and tore the tendon and need to keep it buddy taped to my other finger. I have movement but due to the tape I lack full grip strength.

Here are my ideas,

Carry my kel-tec in my left pocket. Limits me to .380
    Find an inexpensive left handed holster to use for 3-4 weeks for my glock 30.

2. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

I always have a cheapo holster stuffed in a drawer for my other hand just in case. Then I always practice with both hands when I go to the range.
    I carry the P3AT all the time, .380 Corbons do just fine if you can put them in the target but if you are not comfortable with your skill with it, then snag a LH holster for the Glock and keep it around afterwards for the "just in case" situation like you are in right now :).

Last edited: Jun 1, 2007
  3. minus

minus Damn you, Damn the Broccoli, and Damn the Wright B

I am carrying 102 grain gs. I could probabbly snag an inexpensive um for now.

4. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

Get a holster that WORKS for the other hand. Go to the range and train your other hand a little bit to get it up to speed. When you switch back to your strong hand again, don't neglect the weak side.