Any Stephen King Fans?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by JazzHound, Aug 14, 2002.

1. JazzHound

JazzHound Guest

I recently picked up his "Storm of the Century" DVD and plan on picking up the rest of his collection. I've yet to see The Shining, but I'll see it one day.

Anyone remember The Langoliers? It was one of the first made for tv movies of SK's I've seen and from that moment on I was pretty much hooked.

2. Pvt. Joker

Pvt. Joker RIP Nigger Jim OT Supporter

I remember the Langoliers! The one where they were in the airport and the rest of the world disappears. Pretty good movie, except the ending was :greddy:

I like MOST of his movies. My favorites are: The Shining (classic, must buy that one first...the remake for television SUCKS), Silver Bullet, Misery, It, Creepshow, Maximum Overdrive and Stand By Me. I'm forgetting a lot too.

I didn't like: Tommyknockers, Rose Red and Cat's Eye

Haven't seen Storm of the Century yet.
    I want him to make a movie about "The Mist" that short story from Monkey Shines...that's my favorite ss of his ever.
    Or Insomnia....that would be a F'd up movie.

3. Lava Joe

Lava Joe Guest

I haven't read much of his new stuff, but I did read most of his old books. I don't really think many of his movies translate to film so good. My favorites of his movies are mainly the ones where little-to-no supernatural things happen.

Did you know both "The Running Man" and "Lawnmower Man" were based on his writtings (very different end result with both, however).

On a side note, I was flying last week and picked up "Bag of Bones" by SK at the airport to read. It has been very good so far. It seems more like Dean Koontz though, no 3000 year old homicidal clowns (at least not yet).

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2002
  4. Pvt. Joker

Pvt. Joker RIP Nigger Jim OT Supporter

i fogot about "The Green Mile"....great book and movie

i know i'm forgetting tons...you don't realize how many movies were based on his stories.

I think the made for tv movies are usually pretty bad...they all have basically the same ending

5. JazzHound

JazzHound Guest

Actually I did know Running Man (arny :big grin: ) was based on his book, infact if you look closely he does do some assistant directing or screenplay for the movies. SK isn't like his contemporaries where he gets you with blood and guts, it's more of a mind job. I love IT, the supernatural clown and of coarse Stand By Me was very memorable.

The Shining looks like a great movie (anything with Jack in it is good I suppose). I'll likely pick that up but I have this strange affinity to his corny yet riveting made for tv movies.

Awesome writing!

6. critus

critus Resident OG Lurker

IT is coming to DVD on Oct 1, and Needful Things on Aug 27th :big grin:

7. JazzHound

JazzHound Guest

Some guy on Ebay claims he has it on DVD (IT). Definitely a good purchase either way.