Any snowmobile riders/racers?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by fst89lx, Mar 13, 2004.

1. fst89lx

fst89lx Member

I'm going to be purchasing a new snowmobile for the '04/'05 season for trail riding and possibly a snocross race or two. just wondering if anyone else rides or races and what your machine is!

2. MWHC22

MWHC22 Bier/Deutsch/Homebrew/ Packers/Blackhawks/Outdoor

my brother rides alot...he wants to get into racing but doesn't have the money yet. He rides a Skidoo MXZ 500...its a 2000 i think...maybe a 99. Its fast as hell...and it can eat up trails with or with out bumps and jumps like no other. I was jumping it over christmas while i was back in wisconsin....the thing lands smooth and soft as hell from like 6 8 feet up in the air.

I would recomend getting the new Skidoo rev platform MXZ if you can afford it....that thing is unbeleivable. I wish i had the cash to get one.

3. MWHC22

MWHC22 Bier/Deutsch/Homebrew/ Packers/Blackhawks/Outdoor

4. fst89lx

fst89lx Member

Yea, I am going to get a rev. I would like to showcheck a REV X 600HO BUT I am unsure as to how the whole snowcheck thing works and I won't have the money (loan) until my dirtbike loan is paid off which should be november or so.

before my dad sold our sleds ('99 ploaris 500 indy's) I would ride the shit out of them heh, jump anyhting and everything. I had a vid of me "jumping" off the top of a hill and landing on flat ground from like 15+feet, that kinda hurt my back a little lol. NEVER broke anything on that sled except the windshield when I rolled it. But polaris has nothing new to offer me (except the fusion900 but its brand new and a 900) so REV it is!

5. JETRep

JETRep New Member

For more info check out www.dootalk.com and www.snowmobileworld.com

I've never snowchecked but my understanding is that you make a deal on the sled of your choice, then you put $500 down. Then you pay for the sled when it arrives Oct.-Dec.

I don't think you can snocross with a 600. I believe the only classes are 440 and open. Also, the 600ho X isn't the same chassis as the true racing 440x chassis. The 440x is reinforced more and can take more abuse.

6. diaper eater

diaper eater OT Supporter

threads a little old but i have an 03 mxz rev 600 high output, thing is great, the stance youre at when you ride it is great, especially for me since im 6'5" the stance helps cuz its really big and agressive like a crotch rocket, that thing will hit 120 mph easily on any stretch you come across, best sled out there