Any remedies for mid-workout exhaustion?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by delussional77, Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delussional77

delussional77 Active Member

About 6 months I decided that i was completely unfit and out of shape. I was about 200lbs of pure beer gut and almost no athletic ability.

I started running daily and soon after that joined a gym when it got too cold to stay outside. I mostly ran in the gym and then expanded to other cardio activites (rowing, biking, and even the stairmaster). I've been able to build up my cardio endurance considerably considering how bad it initially was. With cardio it seemed that practice was the key to endurance.

This gym also had a little hidden gym I like to call the weight room. Yep, I have never really lifted weights before and tackled it much the same way I tackled the cardio...slowly and lightly. I was glad to see the numbers on the weights starting to go up but I'm runing into a problem...about half way through my lifting my body is just too drained to keep going.

I usually focus on my upper body/arms/chest and try to 12/10/8 reps with about 6 different lifts. Usually by the 4th or 5th lift I just can't physically lift the weights anymore. My usual routine of practice is failing me and then for the next few hours I feel completely spent.

Along with cardio/lifting I have worked very hard at improving my diet. I avoid alcohol, completely eliminated carbonated beverages, and never eat fast food.

cliffs:

What can I do to improve my lifting endurance?

What tricks/techniques do you guys use to avoid mid-workout exhaustion?

2. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

you can start by getting a better lifting routine

3. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Average diet ? Especially around the workout. At what time do you workout ? Rest ? What exatly is your training schedule and daily routine ? ex : monday, work until 5, then 1h cardio, then lifting.

You could take caffeine though, ephedrine.

4. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

could be a lot of things. are you eating super low-carb? If so get some more carbs into yoru diet, and make them complex where/when you can.

5. Kinetik_hazard

Kinetik_hazard OT Supporter

Increase your calorie intake through carbs. FTW.

6. ACLdestroyer

ACLdestroyer OT Supporter

carbs and coke.

7. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

water; diet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.