any REAL benefit of distilled water?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Filmboy44, Apr 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

or if anyone wants to explain to me what the difference is...

2. Jackie Treehorn

Jackie Treehorn Active Member

Only good if you're trying to detoxify yourself. Distilled water sucks nutrients (as well as toxins) from you, so drinking it regularly would be bad.

Plenty of info on what it does via a search on google

3. Perkwunos

Perkwunos Dog Bones OT Supporter

cant distilkled watter cause celular damage due to osmosis, and it total lack of any type of impurities?

4. PepsiMax

PepsiMax New Member

Too much distilled water can hurt you.

5. uf20wop

uf20wop OT Supporter

:run:

6. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

It loses its crystalline structure through the process, so it attaches to minerals in your body. I don't think it makes a huge difference, but I like the taste of mountain spring water better anyway :dunno:

7. Welsh0913

Welsh0913 OT Supporter

Is Deer Park distilled water or spring water?

8. hip hippo

hip hippo Eric Berry, son.

That'd probably be spring water. The only thing I see distilled water come in is those gallon jugs.

9. We_Todd

We_Todd I'm a naughty squirrel.

only water I drink is distilled. been doing it for years.

10. forum95

forum95 Come see bout us OT Supporter

Is that the water where little floaties are floating around?

11. jdog12

jdog12 New Member

i personally hate the taste of distilled water.

12. Elektra

Elektra New Member

IS YOUR WATER ALIVE?

by Aman Kanwar

[font=arial, helvetica]Have you ever been told not to drink such-and-such water because it is 'dead' or to drink such-and-such water because it is 'alive'? And when you have inquired into what makes a water 'dead' or 'alive' has your line of questioning been left hanging in the air? This essay attempts to provide a framework within which we can start formulating sensible answers to this question.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica] [/font] [font=arial, helvetica] We have all heard stories about how people have benefited from 'taking the waters' - the effects ranging from a miraculous healing to a general feeling of well-being. These 'life-giving waters' are supposedly obtained from particular geographic locations, e.g. Lourdes, the source of the Ganges, etc.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica] It has been assumed that the 'life-giving effects' originate from the chemical constituents of these 'waters'. So by bottling these 'waters' we believe that we can widely distribute these benefits to people who cannot make the journey to these particular geographic locations. Folklore has it that the effect of drinking this 'bottled water' is not quite the same as drinking the water at source. However this is normally put down to the extra psychosomatic effect of making the journey.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica] Extrapolating this fuzzy line of thinking we have come to a stage where we feel that almost all waters that originate from a spring have some 'life-giving effect'. No significant attention seems to have been paid to the question of which chemical constituents and in what quantity or combination provide these 'life-giving effects'. The fact that the chemical constituents of various spring waters vary widely does not really make us question the link between the chemical constitution of the water and the 'life-giving effects'.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica] Even though they cannot specify the origin of the 'life-giving effects' there are some people who feel that these 'life-giving' properties are destroyed when we put a water through a purification process - particularly a process that uses heat like distillation. Consequently they tell us that distilled water is 'dead' and that we should not drink it. [/font]

[font=arial, helvetica] Earlier this century the Austrian naturalist Viktor Schauberger started moving away from the notion that the 'life-giving' properties of water stemmed from its chemical constituents. He observed that water existed naturally in two states - 'dead' or 'alive'. The physical environment of water was critical in determining which 'state' water existed. Schauberger paid particular attention to temperature and motion. He was able to practically demonstrate that 'living' water had more energy than dead water by transporting a greater quantity of logs more efficiently in 'living' water. [/font]

[font=arial, helvetica] This idea of looking to the physical structure of water for its 'life-giving effects' has recently been given a further scientific basis by the work of Dr. Lee Lorensen. He has demonstrated that water can exist in two different physical structures whilst chemically remaining the same. One of these states is where the molecules are structured randomly or chaotically. This is the state in which almost all water that we encounter is. In the other state - known as clustered water - the molecules are organised in a hexagonal ring. In this state water is 'alive' - amongst other things it is able to support our metabolic activity much more efficiently. [/font]

[font=arial, helvetica] Our cells water requirements are best provided by clustered water. It passes freely through cell walls delivering nutrients and removing toxins. It is also part of an intricate inter-cellular communication system. As we age, the proportion of water that is 'clustered' in our body decreases. More of it gets bound to other cell materials. This impairs its ability to move nutrients and toxins and the cell metabolism becomes sluggish. In addition the inter-cellular communication system starts going haywire. [/font]

[font=arial, helvetica] It may be easier to accept the idea of clustered water if we think of the somewhat analagous situation with 'chaotic' light waves and 'organised' laser beams. We all know that laser beams are much more powerful than light waves by virtue of their 'organised state'. [/font]

[font=arial, helvetica] One of the properties of clustered water is that it is highly unstable. If we alter the physical environment that created the rings we lose this clustered structure. Although clustered water does occur in nature (it is not very common - most springs do not produce clustered water!) this structure is destroyed by the time we get it in a bottle at our local supermarket. So 'taking the waters' at source can really be more beneficial than drinking it from a bottle! [/font]

[font=arial, helvetica] The application of heat to clustered water will destroy its structure. If we started with clustered water and distilled it we would have destroyed its structure. So here is a way of understanding what is meant by the claim that distilled water is 'dead'. However this is only part of the picture - the fact is that any other water that you get from a tap or a bottle is equally 'dead'. [/font]

[font=arial, helvetica] Another property of clustered water is that at the right temperature it will 'communicate its structure' to a larger body of water - if you put a teaspoonful of clustered water into a litre of distilled water and put it into a fridge, after a few hours the whole litre of water is clustered (an analogous process that we are more familiar with is making yoghurt by placing a small quantity of culture in a larger volume of milk at an appropriate temperature). This 'communication of structure' is most efficient in distilled water as opposed to any other water. Since our body converts some of the water that we give it into 'clustered' water, clearly we make its job easier by giving it distilled water. [/font]

[font=arial, helvetica] Using the above framework we can say that distilled water is 'dead' - but so is every other water that is available to the vast majority of us. However, of these 'dead' waters distilled water has the most potential for 'life'![/font]

[font=arial, helvetica] [/font] [font=arial, helvetica] The author Aman Kanwar, can be reached at The Freshwater Company on 020 7263 4836

REFERENCES:
    [/font]

[font=arial, helvetica] 1. Dr.Lorensen - PhD. in Nutritional Biochemistry - ROD Water information. Up-to-Date Food Processing (Japan) July
    2. Viktor Schauberger - 'Living Water' by Olof Alexandersson

[/font]

13. Elektra

Elektra New Member

14. Leo95SE

Leo95SE The OMINOUS one

take it one step further and drink deionized water

15. TheProwler

TheProwler Active Member

um, water doesn't have a crystalline structure, so what are you talking about? It's a three-atom molecule that looks the same no matter what. You can throw in some other chemicals/metals/ions that change the taste a bit (and some minerals might be good for you), but the water is still water.

16. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

I think it tastes fine...the only difference i've noticed on both gallons yesterday was that I was peeing A LOT more than I normally do. Yesterday alone I went 14 times from the morning till i went to bed.

on any other average day when the water consumption is 2 gallons I'm less than 10...but no less than 8...so you'd say between 8-10 times a day.

And those pee's yesterday were long pee's....

17. Serialpimp

Serialpimp New Member

I drink gallons of regular Ozarka Spring water every day,
    I pee about every 12-20 minutes
    I like it.

18. Leo95SE

Leo95SE The OMINOUS one

i dont have time to pee. i try to keep it to 3-4 times/day.

19. ChosenGSR

ChosenGSR Mama always said you'd be the chosen one

:hsugh:

20. Bobert

Bobert OT Supporter

owie

21. Elektra

Elektra New Member

Distilled in small quantities will not harm you but if used frequently over time it will leech minerals stored in your body by diffusion. 'Clustered water' is from a natural spring source....and when I say natural source, I mean you go there and collect it yourself....

Have you read the other article I posted from Scientific American? some interesting controversy there...

22. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

the benefit of not purging :bowdown:

:)

23. Grouch

Grouch Guest

you guy do know that most "Spring" waters all come from various municiple water sources

24. nathanbx

nathanbx New Member

hell I wake up and pee 3-4 times everynight, it sucks

25. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

yup - they just do that reverse osmosis shit to purify it - same set up we have to purify our well water.

I remember an article I read way back about the lack of regulation for in-state water supplies, its pretty interesting. There is little to no regulation of water within a state, but once it crosses state lines there is tax/regulation involved... something along those lines. Thats why most states have their own predominant local bottled water company.

lemme see if I can dig that article up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.