Any program like Itunes but for the Creative Zen Vision M?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by forgotmyname, Jun 17, 2008.

1. forgotmyname

forgotmyname Active Member

I've used both Zen Vision Media Explorer and WMP11 but none of them do a great work at organizing all my music media in their correct artist folder like Itunes did with my Ipod.

Creative Media Explorer sometimes groups everything right on the computer but when I look it on my the actual player, it shows as "unknown artist/album" while WMP11 just does whatever the hell it wants putting songs wherever it wants.

2. crontab

crontab (uid = 0)

try media monkey

3. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

I dunno, I've had problems synching my Zen too. (I don't have the Vision, just the Zen, but it's the same platform.) WinAmp hangs (though I don't have the latest version), but WMP does alright.

I think your problem is you don't have ID3 tags on your songs. The Zen (and most music players nowadays) could care less what the filename is, they get all of their song info from metadata tags embedded in the files themselves.

Try telling Windows Media Player to update your song info from the internet, run it on your whole library, and see if it syncs properly then.

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

why not just use itunes? you don't have to have an ipod to use it. Itunes will keep your music folders organized.

you can either manually drag files to/from the zen, or use a windows briefcase to keep them sync'd.

(you can drag/drop with a zen, right? or is that just a sansa?)

5. forgotmyname

forgotmyname Active Member

I found Songbird. Looks good.

6. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

The Zen is made by Creative. The Sansa is made by SanDisk.

A windows briefcase is an interesting idea, but I don't know if it will work since the Zen doesn't take a drive letter when it's plugged in.