any problems with a MacBook?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by HardTech, Dec 22, 2006.

1. HardTech

HardTech hungry

I want to buy one for my gf this Christmas, but I've been reading about all these problems online.. sleep doesn't work, random shutdowns, not turning on, etc. etc.

anybody have these problems?

2. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

The Macbook is a great computer. I would definitely recommend getting it for her. If you have any of those problems (which I don't hear about often at all), then just let apple know and I'm sure they will fix it or give her a new one.

In my opinion its probably the best computer for the money available right now.

3. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

Oh, I've had my MBP since June, and haven't experienced any of those problems. Its my 2nd mac and my favorite computer that I've ever owned.

4. HardTech

HardTech hungry

I don't want to return the macbook and end up just getting another faulty one :(

I'm kind of hesitant still... I know sleep doesn't work well since it's never worked on any of the models I've played with in the store

5. frostedfrank

frostedfrank OT Supporter

Had a few problems, noisy cd-rom and the must restart one, but honestly I'm extremely happy with this macbook. Just called apple they made me do some stuff for the error. everything is fine as far as I know, will go get the cd-rom checked out next week at a local service center. Also, like anything else, this is a mac forum so most of the stuf will either be questions about resolving problems. I mean ppl come here for help so you'll only see what's wrong with what is a big minority of systems. I'd say go for it

6. poweraid

poweraid OT Supporter

LOL :rofl:

7. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

8. Necromancer

Necromancer Guest

I have a black one that I haven't any issues with.

Except the first day I got it, I got the latest version of AIM and it had to restart the program after crashing a few times. Got adium and haven't had any problems since.