Any place online to get Eclipse decks?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by FetalPig, Feb 24, 2003.

1. FetalPig

FetalPig New Member

I'm looking for the CD5442, but most of the places online "no longer carry Eclipse products" -- at least the ones I saw.

Etronics has amps and speakers, but no head units.

RRRRR.

I don't wanna pay out the butt from some local high-end audio shop.

Any of you guys sellin' yours?

Thanks!

2. lsondubz

lsondubz Guest

if you want warranty, you wont be buying one online

3. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

and for an eskips desk i would get the warnty

4. fst89lx

fst89lx Member

yes definately get it from an authorized dealer and get the warranty! But make sure you can trust the shop!
    STORY:

I got my 55430 from a local dealer and they had to put it in in order for me to get the full warranty from eclipse (Which is bullshit because I know more than those pricks but anyway).

They installed the deck wrong to start with, not in the wiring but physically put it in wrong, so I had to fix that.

Next I got the dreaded skipping problem, I took it in had them send it to eclipse and when I went to pick it up I was told that I owed one hundred some dollars because it was out of warranty... I called eclipse and they basically said bullshit and that the work was free! so make sure the shop run by honest people!

Cliffnotes: I bought my eclipse from a shady authorized dealer, they had installer skills of a 10 year old and tried to fuck me for 100+ dollars.

5. FetalPig

FetalPig New Member

I'd install it myself, and I've had several Eclipse decks now without a problem, which is why I didn't fear the warranty much. I've tried several other brands and only been pissed at the quality or for paying extra for stupid graphics.

As for being an "Eskips," you can blame that one on the quality of CD media (which has declined significantly over the years) more than you can on the deck. I guess people don't like sensitive, accurate lasers when buying head units? :confused: The 5441 and early 5442 units got a bad reputation because they were designed and tested using better quality media. Once Eclipse discovered there was a problem, they redesigned some internals. The new 5442, as well as any other Eclipses that I'm aware of, haven't had any problems since.

But your points are well-taken nonetheless ... ;) Thanks guys.

6. lsondubz

lsondubz Guest

we'll I wouldn't call Eclipse JUNK, that's a strong statement... if you have had an issue well then ok, but every company has issues, I think eclipse is the best for decks on the market, than alpine, etc. I had an issue with my subs, it took a long time to get them back, but then I got 2 new ones in the mail

7. Gavin

Gavin Active Member

I have an Eclipse deck and I have to say I've been extremely happy with mine. No problems at all. Though I might be getting rid of in in favor of a screen sometime down the road.

8. Gavin

Gavin Active Member

Yea, I read grumpy's post about his experience with Eclipse in a thread a while ago. I would say it's a bonafide horror story. :sad2:

9. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

i have hear many horor storyies abut eclipes most are form shop owners who ahve to listen to the costomer bitch because the company wont ever get anything done no eclipse for me