Any PDA's with built in harddrive??

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by makaveli662xxx, Dec 31, 2004.

1. makaveli662xxx

makaveli662xxx New Member

I want to buy an mp3 player, but I also want an PDA for all the things it can do. I know a PDA can play mp3s and movies, but the thing is it can't hold 10,000 mp3s on it like an iPod or another mp3 player can. I would love to carry all my mp3s with me and be able to check my email all on the same device. The size of an mp3 player and PDA are about the same, so why can't they just put the 60gb harddrive into a PDA, so it will be the ultimate iPod killer?

2. Vormulac

Vormulac The Greek

there are mini HDs availiable for manufactors and in this years some model will come out but the question is, do you really need 60GB worth of mp3 with you all the time ??? I got one 1GB SD card and i'm fine with that.

Edit. And the mini HDs are about 2-4 GB

3. makaveli662xxx

makaveli662xxx New Member

i really dont need it all of it at 1 time, but i would like to have the convenience of having all my mp3s w/ me instead of always having to erase one song to put on another song. there is a reason they make 60gb ipods because people want their entire collection with them w/ room for growth. I am always getting new songs every day plus I LOVE MUSIC! thanks

4. Smahatma

Smahatma Bitch-Kumar OT Supporter

Because the battery life of the PDA would go to hell, even more than they already are. As it is, a PDA with a CF slot will only be able to run for ~3 hours. Jam a battery-sucking CF hard drive in there, and i'tll be even less. A PDA has a fast processor, memory, nice big LCD touchscreen, backlight, etc. to power whereas an mp3 player doesnt.

5. zennoodle

zennoodle ...hmm must've misplaced my socks

I thought you were talking about those 5gb mini hard drives. Yeah, those will drain it in a heartbeat. :)

Korea already has a Samsung phone with a 5gb hard drive in it. I'm sure its a flash drive though so no moving parts.