SRS Any other middle childs out there?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Speed_Demon1965, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Speed_Demon1965

Speed_Demon1965 New Member

Did you ever experience the middle child syndrome? The feelings of being left out or not belonging to the family? The feeling that your the least popular person in the entire family and no one outside your family remembers that you exist?

I have always felt like this and have never had a drive to do anything. I do just enough to get by and sometimes even less than that. I am a social disaster and don't have many friends. Both of my brothers have tons of friends and are a lot more popular than I am and always have been.

My parents both tell me that I'm smart and capable. This may be true to a certain extent, but what good are smarts if you can't apply yourself worth a shit?

2. Jimeigh

Jimeigh Every rook and jay in the corvidae have been raven

middle child, here :wavey:

3. Speed_Demon1965

How did you turn out?

4. Jimeigh

Jimeigh Every rook and jay in the corvidae have been raven

a bit of a misanthrope, as it were. but that has more to do with the psoriasis than being a middlechild. being a middle child didnt help me much in middleschool though. i was never me; i was my brother's younger brother - or my sister's older brother. that is except for people my age. people my age refered to me as me, but the girls would constantly tell me that my older brother was hot, and the guys would constantly tell me that my little sister was hot. with the bad self-image that having psoriasis gave me, that kind of thing got really old.

i've found myself a niche in writing and the visual arts, however, which differentiates me from my brother and sister drastically. i was made to live in my brother's shadow for a damn long time. now, i'm "the creative one" whereas before, i was the son who got the shitty grades in math and had fucked up skin.

find your niche.

5. Lani

Lani child, that wind's gonna come and blow my blues aw

middle child here. always shadowed by my older brother. always ignored for the cuter younger sister. never fails. middle child syndrome really sucks.

i turned out a mess :sad2: yearn so bad for someone to just hold me and when i find someone that's willing to do just that i push them away. it's a pretty miserable excuse for a life but i doubt it's all from just being the black sheep middle child of the entire family.

6. Speed_Demon1965

That sounds really similar to me. I am referred to as my older brothers brother by the older people and I'm my younger brothers brother to the younger people. As far as skin conditions go, we've all had acne, but I got it the worst.

Later in high school my parents saw me as the little genius/creative one because I was good with computers and technical stuff.

Even though I have this niche, I still feel left out. :sadwavey: