Any other guys in here often get asked if they're gay by women?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Mugwump, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

Sign in!

And I'm sick of this shit. Women go on and on, complain and complain, about men staring at their tits all the time, or being dirty slobs, or being insensitive, or treating them like nothing more than a piece of meat. Yet low and behold, a guy will come along who:

- hold doors for women and looks them in the eye while talking
    - is well dressed, talks about fashion and style with women, over sports and bullshit
    - is generally courteous and treats the new women they meet with respect and like a fellow human being

...And all the sudden we're gay? I've been asked at least three times now, by new female friends, if I was gay. What the fuck?! Looks like they've dated some sorry motherfuckers if a guy with better taste and courtesy is automatically deemed gay to them.

Wake up and smell the meterosexual cologne, bitches! Next one who asks me if I'm gay is gonna get punched in the face, just so I can prove to them that I'm still a man who hits when he drinks.

:squint:

2. Diedemus

Diedemus Google is my HMO

"all the sudden" .... ALL OF A SUDDEN! :madfawk:

as for the question, the only one who asked me that was my cousin when I told her that I really didnt want a girlfriend at that particular point in time.

3. cfordhere

cfordhere Guest

never been asked that i do most of those things, maybe the type of woman who ask that question isnt the type of woman you seek? Take it a sign you need a escape plan and get out then let them know why bluntly

4. NJGuy

NJGuy "Fuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmef uckmefuckmefuckmefuckm OT Supporter

Forget all that bullshit. Why do non-gay men have to be fucken willless moronic slobs to be a "man". The gay stereo types piss me off in gerneral as a strait guy.

5. woodchuck

woodchuck Member

My buddie is in your boat, except my friend is to poon what Steve Irwin is to crocodiles. So word eventually got out and the comments stopped.

6. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

It's just as much the woman's fault for expecting him to act like that as it is for him to follow through and act that way.

7. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

Next time they ask you, say yes, thats why your interested in them.

8. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

I had a good talk about this with my female co-worker, who happens to be very hot. I make jokes about going on dates with her, even though I'm not interested in her because she's a catty, evasive man-eater who has a line around the block of guy friends who want to date her. In any case, she says I seem gay because I have all the traits of a gay man: I'm into health and my body as well as style, etc. This is such bullshit.

Women created the meterosexual Western male by pussy-fying us with all their PC, women's rights bullshit. You look at ads and media, and it's all about women being the smarter ones and men being the idiots who do stupid things and need to be trained and educated by women.

So maybe they finally did train us to be better.

And now they wish they hadn't?

9. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

Coz they kind of look like a guy? :rofl:

10. teo

teo . => ? => !

My BF gets hit on by men as well as women, and some people think he has gay tendencies. I find it nice that he's secure with who he is, to be honest. Nothing turns me off more than a man who hides from himself behind a wall of "manliness".

It's a double standard. :hsd:

11. Existential

Existential New Member

:rofl:

I've been asked this a few times. I work out and I'm pretty fit, I'm polite, hold doors for women, and hell, I'll even listen to their relationship issues.

The thing is, I don't give a shit about their relationship issues. I just don't have it in me to walk away or start talking about sports when they run up to me crying because their boyfriend dumped them. I allowed myself to be their emotional tampon a few times when I first met these girls, and its become somewhat of a habit for them. This is something I have to work on.

You being fit and holding doors for women will not lead them to think you're gay. Do you talk extensively with them about fashion? There has to be something else. Maybe you have a slight lisp. :hs:

12. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

It might be due to where you're from. Minn just ain't ready for a guy whos clothes match :dunno:

13. darkrick

darkrick New Member

It's happened to me a few times. And the only time I was within the bounds of the stereotype for being gay was when I was out clubbing :dunno:

14. D

D A guiltless state of self awareness.. The process

Wow, Mugwump...WTF? :eek3:
    I never thought you were gay...? What the hell?

Sounds like you need a hiatus from the friend zone for awhile. :hs:

15. Sionell89

Sionell89 I grew up when I wasn't looking

You know, I don't see this as a problem. In fact, I would work it to your advantage with the girls.

First off, gay men are the best to hang out with. In most cases, I love gay men. I can talk to them about anything, they are fun to be around, they have a level of empathy that most straight guys never get. Occassionally, I find a guy who is totally straight that has these traits and those you treasure....and fantasize about.

Now, what you could do is suggest that you are gay, but you always wondered what the fuss was about with women...you have just presented a challenge to convert you. :bigthumb: Or they could be asking to find out if they have a chance in hell with you. So you can turn it right back on them..."No, I'm not gay. Does that disappoint you or give you hope?"

Or you can tell them that you're bi, that you fall for a person not necessarily a sex. If you're as attractive as you make yourself out to be, the girl you're interested in will attempt to make herself into someone you could fall for. And, if you want an easy out, hey, you're not interested in her gender and there aren't the hard feelings because you weren't that into her.

Either way, you win...

16. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Its one thing to match but to wear all that metrosexual $300 pair of pants and be obessed with health is another and I can see why guys like that get called gay. Because no non gay guy would spend more then 60 on a single item of clothing.

17. lick wid nit wit

lick wid nit wit Official OT Oracle

DING, we have a winner!

Most heterosexual males don't care more about fashion and style than they do about cars and sports. Fashion and style is more of a woman's and gay man's thing than a hetero man's thing and to be quite honest, a lot of women just don't find the metrosexual man appealing.

I'm a woman and I sure as fuck don't want to date a guy who has nicer fingernails than I do. And I don't want to hear my guy talk about how much he spent on his designer clothes.

18. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

Then stop joking about our appearance or trying to dress us. Doing so only makes us learn on our own.

I don't talk extensively about style or buy designer. I will not spend more than 60 on any type of clothing, except suits and jackets.

Anyway...

19. NJGuy

NJGuy "Fuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmef uckmefuckmefuckmefuckm OT Supporter

$300 on pants?

Id punch myself in the head.

For $300 thoes pants better make my ass look good & my package look huge when I have them off too!

20. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

Huh?

21. uf20wop

uf20wop OT Supporter

girls dont want that shit

they want you to grab their ass

22. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

LOL, I would take it as a compliment. If I were a guy, I would be gay :)

23. BoypussY

BoypussY game over.

i never had anyone mention that to me. i am the alpha male.

24. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

Yeah, pisses me off too.

Just the other night I was sitting at Daree Delite eating ice cream with this woman that I'm interested in sitting in my carand one of her friends sitting in her car, I was sitting between them. They were both complaining about these assholes that they date or have dated, while I was sitting right there between them. There is no way that the one I like doesn't know, hell 90% of the people I know do. She know's I'm "the nice guy", the type she says she wants. true I may not be the most handsome, but I have a lot more to offer than that.

It's kinda funny though, even I laughed when one of my friends said to me "Maybe she thinks you're her gay friend". All I said was "Could be". Oh well, as of this past week I just don't give a shit anymore, I'm not gonna play the game she wants, I hate games....

25. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

I do NOT let women complain to me about their boyfriend problems anymore. I inform them of this before they try any of that shit on me. Although they're allowed to ask me "Since you're a guy, I'll ask you..." type questions.