GUN any opinions or reviews of the remington 710?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by DRM600, Nov 17, 2003.

1. DRM600

DRM600 Guest

it seems like a reasonable deal for what seems like an entry level rifle. what do you guys think? oh and .270 or 30-06?

2. taco

taco Guest

It is absolute garbage and the glass that comes on it is worse, dont' take my word for it go to a gun shop and actually handle one if you can find a gunshop that carries them other than walmart.

If you want a cheap bolt action to hunt with get a ruger or savage the savage is the same price as the remington and is a whole lot better but it doesn't come with a scope.

As for a scope I would get a leupold vx-1. They are about 200 bucks but they are warrantied forever and will hold zero and be bright and clear. If those are two expensive get something like a bushnell trophy stay away from anything like bsa or simmons.

If you want to hunt deer get a .270 if you want to hunt deer + anything bigger get the 06.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2003
  3. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

It's not a bad starter rifle, but if you get it, upgrade the scope. And .270 and .30-06 are almost ballisticaly identical. The .30-06 has a little bit heavier loads available too, so if you want a little more punch then go with that, but the .270 is a bit flatter shooting. Both would be a good choice. But the ruger, savage, rem., and also Howa are good rifles that are available for decent prices.

4. Goat

Goat That crack is really moreish

a cheap ruger? maybe something used but definately not new. Oh and he's right, 710s are garbage.

5. DRM600

DRM600 Guest

i guess i'll look at something else then. i was thinking about getting one of those because of the price as a toy. i'm planning to pick up a 10/22, one of those and maybe a win. 870 at the same time. i will not be hunting with any of those, just going to plink and target shoot with them.

6. Goat

Goat That crack is really moreish

If you're going to plink and target shoot dont get a .270 or .30/06, get a rifle that uses cheap ammo like a .223.

7. DRM600

DRM600 Guest

i suppose you're correct. the price of ammo will catch up and end up costing me more in the long run. i am looking to buildup an ar-15, but i just wanted to try out a bolt gun.

8. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

you could get a bolt .223 :dunno:

9. jrmy

jrmy Guest

not yet tried the 710 but love my Remington .30-06!

10. wickedsprint

wickedsprint Guest

It is a POS, you can get a 700 for the same price, or as pointed out a savage which is eons ahead of the 710.

11. TXTurbo930

TXTurbo930 As a matter O' fact I do have Booooost! OT Supporter

Don't waste your money, any reputable gun dealer will tell you the same.