SRS Any one write blogs?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by onedownfiveup, Dec 3, 2007.

1. onedownfiveup

onedownfiveup Active Member

I used to use Xanga to get my thoughts out in the open and to type about what I'm thinking at that current time. This was many years ago and I have not typed anything such as a blog since then.

I have decided to start a blogspot to type out my thoughts daily or maybe even weekly. Who knows how I'll keep it up but we will see.

Who else writes a blog? Do you let people read it? I've created one with zero intent on anyone else reading it.

2. Lani

Lani child, that wind's gonna come and blow my blues aw

i cant write if i know people will read it. i used to keep a livejournal but now i just write on my myspace.

growing up i had mountains of composite notebooks with my thoughts and feelings. it was all lost though. i'd really like to go back and read what i wrote when i was a child.

it doesn't help me though. i figure maybe one day i'll end up in a looney bin and someone might actually want to read what was going on in my life for me to get there to try and help me.

3. onedownfiveup

onedownfiveup Active Member

Well, I have set this out there to if someone wants to try and find it they can. But most likely only people that will be reading it will be the ones who stumble upon it with the high likely hood I won't ever know them.

I haven't really wrote much down before, but I think about doing it all the time. It'd be just for one day when I'm enjoying my happy successful life I can go back and read about my struggles through life.

4. Lani

Lani child, that wind's gonna come and blow my blues aw

or perhaps you will feel even shittier, lonlier, and more depressed and read them wishing you could go back when things weren't quite so bad :dunno:

5. Kirbys Autumn

Kirbys Autumn Mrs. Kirby McSpic

I don't usually do diaries or journals because I can't really keep them up to date much, so nowadays I just post blogs on my myspace whenever I feel the urge to write. I used to love writing a lot more than I do now. Besides, I've found that writing about anger and depression has come to me easier than writing about happiness. I like to write down ym thoughts and feelings though, sometimes I do find that it helps. And every once in a while I like to go back and read what I've written through the years and I see how much I've changed and just grown. It's amazing how you don't see the years pass by, but reading my entries I look back and it just really amazes me.

6. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

Starting up a blog to help market my sites and assist other sites in search engine optimization. I don't expect people to read it, it's mostly for results.

I do read a few friends blogs that provide useful content. I however will not ever visit a blog with some kid ranting about their life problems.

7. tenxia

tenxia OT Supporter

I used to write on Xanga. Now I write on Livejournal. I find keeping a journal just helps me vent and write about anything on my mind that I wish to express. I used to want people to read what I write just so I can get feedback/comments but now, I write for myself. It's pretty therapeutic.

8. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

I have a Xanga, although I don't write in it as often anymore. I'm always too tired to think when I'm done with work, and on weekends I just want to relax. Every now and again I pop in. I also have a deadjournal and a diaryland diary, though they haven't been updated in months. I enjoy having those to look back on as well. I started them both in 2001, and I can read back on how things were then and how they changed.

I have a 2nd Xanga, that is "deeper" than my usual one.

9. illmaceyougood

illmaceyougood New Member

Why not just use a word document then?

10. red_fox

red_fox New Member

I use xanga as well. I have one or two friends that read it occasionally but mostly I write to remind me of what I've done. I reread entries from years ago and didn't remember some of those things at all, so I think it was worth the effort. I think I've had it for 6 or 7 years now.

11. KSNIPPY

KSNIPPY As lost as i get i will find you

i used to do xanga as well, i did it more for a social thing before i got a myspace and facebook though. but lately ive really been wanting to start keeping a journal or or blog or something to help me get my thoughts out. plus i guess it would be good to one day look back on it.

12. tenxia

tenxia OT Supporter

I like reading old entries and laugh at myself.

13. tooley8

tooley8 New Member

yupp.

ive had my xanga for a long time and although it gets neglected for certain time periods it's always good to get out my thoughts. Xanga used to be huge but now it's down to me a couple of friends. they comment every once in a while but it's mostly for me.

actually, i post random poems and pictures just to keep myself entertained and just ramble on.

I have a handwritten journal too but it's hard to write in it now. i feel like i have too much to update it with. "where do i start?" is always my problem. with xanga i can just be random.

it is really nice to go back through entries and my jourals from middle and high school. haha man was i a dumb child with the "omg guess who talked to me today! i loveee him!" deal.

14. Kirbys Autumn

:). The best part for me is going back and reading these things. It's like "wow, I forgot all about him!" And "I cant believe I ever liked that guy!" It's really funny sometimes. And when I read back on written things, I'm like "I had some pretty bad handwriting back then!". :mamoru:

15. tooley8

tooley8 New Member

hahaha oh me too!

in the 8th grade i was set on marrying this kid in my neighborhood.
    too funny

i also tend to keep random things. like a dead and broken carnation from my crush in the 9th grade... lol under my bed, but still there.

16. tooley8

tooley8 New Member

(i crushed on too many guys haha)

17. Kirbys Autumn

I used to do that. I had a "memory box". It included grade 7-9. I kept everything from old FCAT scores to the ticket for my 8th grade prom. I threw away awhile ago, but I obviously had it for a good 4 years. I threw it out during the summer last year (after my senior yr in high school). I just didn't really need any of that stuff anymore.

18. Kirbys Autumn

Half my diary is on my crushes since I was 11 (I don't keep up with it too much, it's too hard for me to consistenly write in it). :mamoru:

19. tooley8

tooley8 New Member

haha ya, so much has happened since i last wrote in my journal... i feel like i'm going to forget to write about something (which i will) so i guess i avoid it. lol

i'll probably regret not writing one day though. who knows