WEB Any one ever dealt with lawyers or Arbitration Forums?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 07, May 26, 2009.

1. 07

07 18-1

I have some NYC lawyers initiating arbitration forum shit over a website and domain against me. I only found out because they failed to fill out the form correctly and the person who is assigned to the case CC'd me in it.

Secondly, how the hell did she/company/lawyers get my name, address, and business information. :o

The domain has been hidden by who-is since day 1, AND i switched hosts and to a different domain registrar account.

2. Pepsi1975

Pepsi1975 Mod of the Year

I thought if they had a subpoena or something like that, that the registrar will give up your who-is

3. Pepsi1975

Pepsi1975 Mod of the Year

4. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

what are you being sued for?

5. 07

07 18-1

no idea. they didn't fill out the form correctly. and I got CC'd with that email stating the errors. :rofl:

They likely want the domain. Which is fine by me, Google de-indexed it awhile back. lol.

6. 07

07 18-1

May 26, 2009

***edited (Company info)

RE: (edited- company name) v (edited my company name, personal name)
    File Number: ********

Dear Sir/Madam:

The above referenced domain name complaint has been received by the National Arbitration Forum and the above file number assigned. However, in reviewing your complaint the Forum has identified the following deficiencies:
    • Please provide the correct information for the Respondent as listed on the Registrar’s website in both the header and section 2a.
    • Please thoroughly identify the Respondent using “dba, aka, and, or c/o” to link the entities. (You may refer to the ‘CC:’ line below as well.)
    • The disputed domain name must match in both the header and section 3.
    In order for the Forum to proceed with the arbitration of this case, you are required to rectify the deficiencies within 5 calendar days from the date of this notification, or the complaint will be dismissed without prejudice as required by ICANN’s UDRP Rule 4(b). Please note that a revised copy will also need to be sent to the Respondent.

If more than 5 calendar days are needed to correct deficiencies, Forum Supplemental Rule 12(a) provides for withdrawal and reinstatement within 30 calendar days, subject to a reinstatement fee. Please note that a request to withdraw under Supp. Rule 12(a)(i) must be received by the Forum before the end of the 5 day deficiency period.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

someones name
    Case Coordinator

cc: (edited- all my info)

7. 07

07 18-1

oh yea. i just looked up this company, they have been transferring similar domains back to them.

Ohz well. After google fucked it, it only made a few bucks a day.

this makes 3 domains gone to trademarks. haha. They all profited wildly though!

8. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

whats the domain? (since you seem to think they are going to get it anyway lol).

Although I have a decent amount of domains that could be considered "trademarked" I've only ever been contacted about one of them. And that one wasn't even a legit arbitration but what seemed more like just some wannabe lawyer trying to find names to take to the company so they would retain his services. Though if he was their actual attorney then he sucked lol. I emailed back and said it was going to be a complaint site against the company and to blow me and never heard from him/them again lol.

BTW anyone have any complaints against aduldfriendfinder.com that they might want to publish on a site that is currently blank but could potentially be a consumer/affiliate complaint site lol?