any one else have a cold/sick? v. no gym

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by themadpaki, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. themadpaki

themadpaki There is no money. OT Supporter

I've been sick since last Tuesday, and haven't gone to the gym since last Monday. I want to go so freaking bad today.

I have a cold that put shit in my lungs & I can't hear out of my right ear. Other then that, i feel fine. I know a TON of people with this cold right now (but no one that goes to the gym..)

Anyone else have this lame-sickness & still going to the gym?

2. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

If I'm over the hump and starting to get better I'll go but if I feel like ass I just stay on the couch. I think in most cases it is better to let your body rest then putting unneeded stress on it by going to the gym.

3. deznutz

deznutz New Member

I go when sick, but i only get colds. The water i drink during my work out helps a lot

4. Damnation

Damnation OT Supporter

i disagree. i have that thought that if i go when i'm sick, i'm actually proving to myself that i'm very hardcore and one step ahead of the other losers that stay at home.

/harcoreinterwebbers:mamoru:

5. Damnation

Damnation OT Supporter

i have no problem staying in. i'm weak now and i'll be weak if i go to the gym. one extra day, while my body is fighting off a cold or anything isn't going to put me over the edge and add another 100lbs to my bench or any other exercise.

6. themadpaki

themadpaki There is no money. OT Supporter

it's not so much that i want to gain 100lbs on the bench. It's that i don't want to loose lean body mass. It's been a solid week since I've gone to the gym. I feel like I'm dwindling to be Paris with a pot-belly :hsd:

7. ballerman230

ballerman230 just a pale blue dot

Not sick, but I've had a shitty left rotator cuff for about 3 weeks now. I can't do any pressing exercises, and I'm not rowing either to let the whole thing heal.

I'm still doing squats and deadlifts (3 times a week, its hell), but I feel my upper body and arms shriveling away.

8. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

It is rather slight so I have still been in the gym... however, I can feel it getting worse so in a week or so I will probably be too sick to hit the gym.

9. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

as said above... if its a cold, I'll go. If I'm legititmetly sick, aint no chance... body needs to recover.

10. CPop

CPop New Member

I am just getting over a cold. Went to the gym anyway and hit a couple all time PR's. Still all clogged up. Who cares now though, I got my PR's.

11. Drewski

Drewski New Member

Maybe it has to do getting more fluids then I'd get if I 'd sit on my ass or some weird physiological thing where my immune system gets pumped up too, but I've found that if I work out right when I feel myself coming down with a cold, I'll get over it a lot more quickly. After the first 2-3 days if I'm still getting worse or feeling like ass, I'll skip the gym and rest

12. Memor

Memor Active Member

nearly everyone i know at school each year gets that cold around early october. I had it a few weeks ago and all my buddies got it, shit spreads like wildfire. Just take a week off, eat right, and come back strong. You don't want to be sneezing all over the place and touching the weights and stuff anyway, rude to other members.

13. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

I do the same for the same reasons. I think its psychological.... when I finally seem to admit I may be too sick to go that's when I get his hard.
    When I stay home voluntarily, the gym is usually not even an option anymore.
    For the last 10 days its been a borderline cold. Throat is a little scratchy and plenty of mucus.:hs:

14. Toxicity

Toxicity New Member

I have a strained neck trap - cant move my head at all for the last 3 days. Thank god for football, on demand movies and pizza delivery.

15. Drewski

Drewski New Member

you been making out with my g/f :squint: she got it and now I have the same one too. Very borderline so I'm still going. which is absolute horrible timing cause I've been on vacation/recovering for the last 3 weeks and felt like I HAD to go to the gym

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.