MMA Any of you guys jump rope?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by TQ, Apr 25, 2006.

1. TQ

TQ OT Supporter

2. jag6984

jag6984 New Member

I generally do HIIT training with a speed rope at the gym several times a week, it's a good workout. Depending on your skill level, strength, etc.. you may want to consider getting a flexible piece of tubing (surgical or otherwise) and fill it with sand for a jump rope. I've been considering doing it myself, and I've heard it's rediculously hard. Oh, and don't go for a leather rope, I found at that a high quality vinyl/synthetic rope is denser and you can go a lot faster with it.

3. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

there's this one with ball bearings - those might be the same ones...i loved those ones when i played around with them. it takes a little getting used to before you're really efficient with them though, but they're awesome. i'll search for them later...

4. TQ

TQ OT Supporter

Yeah most leather ones suck because they're so light but my bro got the one I posted and it works great.

I got a defective one and because I bought it through amazon its a pain in the ass to return it and get my money back :mad:

Now I trying to see what kind everyone is using. I'm not very good as I've only been skipping rope for about 2 weeks but I've been doing 800-1200 skips every other day :hsd:

5. TQ

TQ OT Supporter

I have 3 different ones in my posession and they all are different yet use ball bearings :mamoru:

6. Mejnoon

Mejnoon Active Member

I started recently...still kinda suck but I'm getting better...my footwork is atrocious, I need vast improvement:wtc:

7. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

I used to jump rope a shitload for wrestling but now just jump rope twice a week. I get really bored at times and start moving my feet around a lot, like in different positions, changing southpaw to orthodox for no reason other than being really bored. But its a nice quick way to get a sweat up though, I jump rope to warm up before my matches in tournys.

8. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Yea, starting to do it a lot more.