Any of you d-bags play burned xbox 360 games?

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by red, Dec 10, 2009.

1. red

red New Member

Seems like I hardly ever touch my 360, other than to use it as a DVD player. Price of games just isn't worth it. I usually d/l the PC version and play it with a 360 controller anyway.

I tried to mod my original xbox, and the mod never did work right, so I never bothered for my 360. I've never bothered to look into playing burned games on the 360 at all, but I see them everywhere. Is there a newer, better way to do this (like, one that doesn't require buying some board and wiring it to the 360), or should I give up and do something productive over my winter break?

2. Chanandler Bong

Chanandler Bong OT Supporter

i used to only own a ps3. got sick of buying games and losing money on trade in

modded a 360, pays for itself

i only have a laptop that can't run the newest games as well as a 360 can though

3. red

red New Member

details?

Had to order a chip and crack the bitch open?

4. Ichinichi

Ichinichi take dat blue pill

five-oh! five-oh!

5. Ichinichi

6. red

red New Member

I saw that site, but the FAQ didn't appear to be for ubernubs, so I gave up after about 30 seconds (be patient with me, I spent 6 hours taking finals today).

7. Ichinichi

not the faq, bro. those link to the step by step tutorials.

8. red

red New Member

Yeah, I really wasn't that interested in soldering shit to my 360's motherboard. I was kinda hoping there was a bios flash I could download or something.

9. Plan B

Plan B New Member

there is, learn how to read

all the info is at that link

10. Chanandler Bong

Chanandler Bong OT Supporter

xbox360iso

and just have someone do it for like 20 bucks

11. Genius/GZA

Genius/GZA OT Supporter

i would help you, but im studying for a final and blah blah blah....:rolleyes:

:fawk:

12. red

red New Member

:rolleyes:

You could tell me which part of that clusterfuck of a site to read. I'm not asking for a set of ikea instructions with lots of pictures, just a little more precise direction.

13. coronet

coronet Do Andriods Dream of Electric Sheep?

Fwum what I understand, you unscrew your xbox, voiding the warranty. If that's ok, you disconnect the IDE ribbon cable from the 360's dvd drive, and plug it into your computers IDE ribbon cable for it's dvd drive. Restart your computer and give 360's drive new firmware which reads burned-ass disks.

Only real-ass concern is they are not the 4.7gb dvds you and I buy at the regular-ass store, but 9.3gb dvds you got to go all the way to the motherfucking electronics store for.

14. red

red New Member

I don't have a problem with any of that, I just don't want to have to solder anything. Or buy a $60 part that might do fuck-all.

15. coronet

coronet Do Andriods Dream of Electric Sheep?

Again, I haven't read deep into it, but I believe ALL of this generation consoles don't require any special logistics like that. I remember the Ps2 you had to crack open and whip out a soldering gun, but no mas. The DS requires a $20 cart, the psp requires retrofitting a hacked firmware, the wii requires a first-pressing copy of Zelda, and the 360 requires swapping cable with your pc. The only console you can't hack easily is the PS3, but "sharing" accounts with your friends is cool and nabbing all their DLC and purchased games.

16. Ichinichi

read, you lazy sack of shit. read or pay someone to do it for you.

edit: did you even click the link? they're all organized in the order you need to do them. for fuck's sake. you claim to have taken finals, meaning you've presumably been studying to a certain degree anyway. so extend that mentality for another two hours while you study up on your particular box. different drives have slightly different "mod paths".

payout for studying your shit classes is a number on a transcript that probably sucks anyway; payout for this is a winter break of awesome gaming goodness.

pro tip: start acquiring backups now so you'll have something to burn and test your mod when you've completed the procedure.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  17. Ichinichi

18. greaser lee

greaser lee New Member

there is always people on craigslist that will mod your shit. it's cheaper than having to buy all the tools you need for a mod you'll probably only do once.

19. JT07

JT07 OT Supporter

after 5 minutes of research i found out i have a "lite on" drive so theres really no point :(

20. red

red New Member

:mamoru:

The difference between being able to burn 360 games and not burn 360 games isn't a massive payout for me. If I cared that much, I'd have looked into it sometime in the past three years I've had my 360.

I obviously posted here because I was too apathetic to research it myself, and I was hoping someone could just post a direct link to what I was looking for instead of a link to a 360 modding site and a suggestion to have fun digging.

21. red

red New Member

22. Ichinichi

yea, follow the textbook. first thing to check is the kind of drive you have. benq :bowdown: