WEB any of the pros willing to break down a PPC/affiliate campaign?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by JesterFX, Oct 8, 2007.

1. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

It's well known that there is a lot of money in affiliate marketing and the basic methods revolve around arbitrage/PPC. Plenty of ebooks and blogs out there saying that but that is about as far as most go.

Any of the pros that are making money, or have made money doing this willing to share an exact break down of a real campaign? Maybe an older niche that's older news (like ringtones or something) where a new campaign is set up from the ground up: choosing a domain, showing the steps of building and testing landing pages, choosing and testing specific offers, finding and explaining how to get keyword list, writing and testing ad copy and bids and such....basically an open very detailed step by step guide on a real campaign with open results and such.

There are a few guides out there (like shoemoneys ringtone test) but even though he was pretty open with some of the details there was a ton that was left out. The kind of info that noobs really need to get an idea and which they can then try on their own with other niches.

So, any pros willing to spill the beans with some super detailed tutorials? I am sure an interactive process would be very much appreciated by a lot of people here and the person that did it would be a god for the noobs. :x::x::mamoru:

edit:I'd be willing to "donate" what small amount of cash I have towards a campaign budget so the tutor wouldn't have to use their own...I'm sure others would as well which would make enough for a real campaign...

2. thomor25

thomor25 I make money online....

I have a sticky on it in this forum

3. airbball23

airbball23 Rent this Space only $5/mnth

i'm still on the waiting list for azoogle :(

4. Yahdude

Yahdude New Member

i've been there for a year.

5. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

Although nicely organized and written it doesn't really have anything that hundreds of blogs and ebooks have. For us noobs, we keep seeing the same info and "tips" but never any of the real meat.

What would be awesome is someone setting up a complete campaign from the ground up sharing all the details so everyone can see all the detailed steps and learn why things are done and such.

I've personally tried the basics outlined in the sticky from info I've learned from all over the place but every campaign I have tried I ended up losing cash. I never really knew that I was doing wrong or missing or what I could have optimized to make them work and such. I'm sure every other noob that has lost a lot trying the steps is just as frustrated and confused why it didn't work and could use the interactive detailed tutorial ;)

6. cd'a

cd'a New Member

While it would be great for someone to do this as I'm a noob too and would greatly benefit from the info I can't really see a "professional" going out of his way to show more people how to be successfull at ppc marketing and thus creating more competition for himself? What would be the motive? Goodwill?

7. airbball23

airbball23 Rent this Space only $5/mnth

srsly? :ugh:

8. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

he would be "paying it forward" and would really make Haley Joel Osment happy :mamoru:

But yeah, I agree partially. Everyone worries that if someone discovers their secrets they will not make money anymore but in reality, this stuff is so huge that more people doing it won't affect his earnings. Though if he posted specifics on a current real campaign that he was trying to run it might not be the smartest but that is why I suggested maybe doing something that is really played out, like ringtones, as there is already a huge amount of competition there while less and less targeted audience for it. Still good enough that someone that knows what they are doing should be able to make a profit but not lose out on any leads by showing all the details.

Afterall, he was one of the people pushing hardest for this forum...the more people here learning and actually making money the more popular it will be ;).

9. cd'a

cd'a New Member

Yeah it would be nice. I'm in the process of figuring out different IM strategies and part of the enjoyment for me is learning it through the process of trial and error. Then when you have a success in an area it's all that more sweet.

10. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

yeah I do agree about that and do that in most cases but so far it's just been really frustrating with this arbitrage stuff. It's enough challenge figuring out which offers/niche...just sucks losing money at every step because of lack of knowledge. Someone doing a basic campaign on an already competitive niche could save a lot of people a lot of time, frustration and money and become our hero lol.

11. thomor25

thomor25 I make money online....

you swhould be losing money if you keep applying using the free ysm coupons

12. transistor

transistor Well-Known Member

azoogle called me one day, but i they didn't leave a message and never called back :hs:

13. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

I plan to do that soon lol. Only have one credit card right now though so can't get it as I already have an account. I plan to get some prepaid "credit cards" at walmart though...hopefully those will work heheh.

But even if I can get some free credits to use like this, it would be nice to know what I am doing so I can actually make some money from it. Might not be losing money but not knowing the strats makes it easy to waste even free credits lol.

14. elekt

elekt New Member

you need a great content site, with affiliate offers. Only buy traffic that you can afford, ie consider 100 clicks to make a conversion at 20 cents each, you need to make atleast $20 from your commission to break even.

There are no "secrets" per say. Just good content, and filling a customers need.

Don't buy based on traffic, buy based on intentions, someone searching for "free ipod" is not nearly as valuable as someone searching for "buy ipod".

15. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

Some good tips, thanks.

I think one of my (many) problems is not being able optimize enough to make sure I get enough uniques to click ads or buy products that make up for the advertising. I have some decent "content sites" that should be able to do well but so far I either end up losing a lot of money or if I get lucky, end up breaking even. Here is one that I ended up taking off the affiliate offers I had and more of a MFA now lol: www.eVoipSector.com

I also asked for advice on a blog I frequent (Zac Johnson really cool guy BTW) who has made close to 20k in the last couple months from AFF marketing and he decided to start a series with details that he will eventually make a free ebook out of. Rather than just trying to sell something he offers up his real tips and so far it looks like it will be really good...especially for noobs like me lol. Besides having his affiliate links for the various ad networks he uses, it's obvious that he is out to help people learn and not worried about giving away his secrets which is cool.

Here are the two post so far...first one is just talking about what he is going to do:

http://zacjohnson.com/secrets-of-ppc-marketing/
    http://zacjohnson.com/the-super-affiliates-guide-to-ppc-marketing/