MIL Any Navy Pilots?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by rsxratedr, Apr 14, 2008.

1. rsxratedr

rsxratedr New Member

I want to begin my career as a navy pilot and was wondering if there are any in this forum that can aid me/ get me started?.. Im looking for information from anyone that knows a thing or two and that would give me a heads up and all.

2. Fighter_Pilot

Fighter_Pilot New Member

Well that's what I am trying to become, and I have done much research on it. I'm going to be a freshman in college this fall and am doing NROTC, so shoot some questions at me and I'll try and answer best I can.

3. rsxratedr

rsxratedr New Member

well in general how do i begin? what should i do? im a senior about to graudate high school should i enroll in nrotc or?

4. kawasakizx6rrrr

kawasakizx6rrrr New Member

just watch top gun as much as you can. thats all you have to do. then go out, get a motorcycle, cut your tightest jeans into little daisy dukes, and play lots of sweaty volleyball and watch as your tight muscles glisten in the hot mid-day sun and....i mean....uhhh.......NROTC...yeah...thats it...gotta go...bye!

5. rsxratedr

rsxratedr New Member

what do u mean nrotc in my second yr? so i gotta wait til 09 til i can begin actually being a pilot? and ocs is officer candidate school? can u give me the step by step progress in becoming a full blown pilot? cuz i cant find anything of that nature. I am currentyl enroll in jrotc

6. rsxratedr

rsxratedr New Member

ok so when do i or can i enroll in nrotc ocs? as soon as i graduate?

7. rsxratedr

rsxratedr New Member

oh so u need both in order to be a pilot? and nrotc will aid me in getting a degree on w/e that will help me to become a pilot?

8. Mint

Mint Active Member

Dude if you reall want this, why dont you go on google.com and RESEARCH this stuff, or are you one of those helpless morons who needs everything handed to them?

And if you can't figure out how to use google and search the internet effectively, I certainly won't feel good about the government giving you control of a mutli-million dollar aircraft.

"Can u plz just hold my hand when i fly dis?"

9. BobG

BobG Fuchs.

10. Swoop411

Swoop411 New Member

I'll throw you a bone................

1. Go to college, get useless degree.
    2. Talk to recruiter, get appointment to OCS.
    3. Try to pass OCS with high enough scores to even be considered for Aviation.
    4. Try to score high enough to get the aircraft you want, otherwise you will be flying the COD.
    5. Try to pass flight instruction.
    6. You manage to do the above.....profit.

11. rsxratedr

rsxratedr New Member

thanks alot man

12. whitecouch

whitecouch spendin' our golden years in OT Supporter

Dammit, all of these flying and officer threads are just making the wait for these OTS results worse.

13. zanadu

zanadu OT Supporter

You guys forgot: pass the Class 1 physical, and get top secret clearance.

14. Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander OT Supporter

You sound lik you will be a GREAT officer. At least most of the officers that i know have completely no fucking common sense and tromp around like they know everything. My father was an A-10 pilot in the AF and looks down on me for joining the Navy and for going Enlisted. When in fact when he was my age he was a helluva lot worse off than I was. I hope you have some common sense and don't be that douche bag O-1 that I make fun of when you aren't looking. Start feeding yourself knowledge and quit being a little bitch about this shit. In all sincerity though, good luck and I wish you the best. Something that i never got...Words of encouragement.

15. Fighter_Pilot

Fighter_Pilot New Member

Well I just wanna add in that it is NOT to late to join NROTC (that if they have that as an option at a college you have gotten into), but it is to late to get a scholorship for NROTC. So you will still have to pay for college but can stay in NROTC. Just talk to the recruiter at one of the schools you got into and she/he will help you out.(you'll probably meet with the XO or CO, because they like to meet everyone). But if you do well in college you first year (and in certain instances your 1st semester) you can get a scholorship after that.