MIL Any MPs in here?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by WaWaMKIVDub, Dec 17, 2008.

1. WaWaMKIVDub

WaWaMKIVDub New Member

Do you like your job? I am very close to joining the Army and becoming a MP and I want to know what people think about their job. I have heard good and bad things about being a MP so I wanted to hear it straight from someone who does it everyday. After the military I want to become a cop either on the state or government level, and I have also heard that some agencies frown upon hiring prior MPs because of the tactics they learn and most are "set in their ways". Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks :bowdown:

2. widds2v

widds2v Active Member

Why does it not have MP is the worst job in the military in the sticky?

You do not want to be a MP.

3. aftershock-

aftershock- rawr -.-

I'm an MP and have been in for over 5 years with the Marines. It defiantly has its ups and downs like any other job. I'm currently working on the garrison side of things, and my work days are no less than 14 hours. I work 2 days on, 2 days off. Every other weekend is 3 days off, and obviously that other weekend is 3 days on. We really only work about 15 days a month, but we make up the hours for it.

One thing you have to realize is that there are two sides to the MP field that are completely different, Field and Garrison, Field: As a field MP you will most likely be doing convoy security, route recon, EOD security, patrols and stuff of that sort. Basically a dubbed down version of infantry. Garrison: Here is where you do your police stuff. Everything from base patrol and responding to calls for service to standing the gates.

If you want to be a cop when you get out, its pretty easy to. I actually got out for around 4 months and was hired on with the local police dept very easily. I had several certifications that transfered over from the military. Being an MP there are several other options to go into once you are in, such as CID, K9, accident investigation and other stuff. It's a rewarding job, but is very tough at time. Garrison side we dont get off for holidays like other MOS's. Feel free to PM me any more questions you might have.

4. tunes

tunes OT Supporter

don't be a MP

5. WaWaMKIVDub

WaWaMKIVDub New Member

lol so I have 4 against 1 on this. Being a MP or going Infantry are like the only things that interest me though.

6. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

LOL why? wow .. oh wow..

7. WaWaMKIVDub

WaWaMKIVDub New Member

Ive only taken it once and I scored a 57.

8. GPkustoms

GPkustoms OT Supporter

told you; you don't wanna be an MP lol

9. WaWaMKIVDub

WaWaMKIVDub New Member

Really? I didnt think it was that great of a score. What about just sucking it up and doing infantry? I hear you can rank up very quickly in infantry.