TAT Any Minneapolis artist recommendations?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Gogoplata, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

I know, cliche thread, but I'm going to have some work done before Xmas time.. A half sleeve that will have a small cover up..

Any recommendations or at least somewhere to look? I've worked with an artist a few times here that I'm "ok" with - but if there was someone I need to check out, I'd gladly make the move.

Thanks

2. diaper eater

diaper eater OT Supporter

city pages did an article a short while ago that had a few good ones in there.

electric dragonland has some good artists, especially the owner. they've won best shop lots and lots of years.
    they also mentioned the legend that started up acme tattoo, don nolan.

personally, im in the middle of a sleeve done by cerny at steady tattoo. the guys there do great work, most notably poohki and cerny.

3. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

I saw that article.. I'd like some more first hand experience. Where is Steady?

4. diaper eater

diaper eater OT Supporter

its on washington ave, in stadium village on the u of m campus, right above sallys

5. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

ahh.. right.. I was just up that way last night.. went through 7 corners heading to Palmers for some beers.

I've got my work done with Eric at Twin City Tattoo. I've been happy with my work but he's tough to sit with for hours on end as he's quite the personality. His work is good and affordable.

I'll check Steady out sometime. I want to get a half sleeve cover up and have polynesian/island styled.

Hard to find an experienced polynesian styled artist in MN :wtc:

6. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest